No fish around Sheldrake! where the fish at

Hey we fished yesterday from 1pm to 7pm. Went out from taughannock marina, started trolling north right out infront of marina. Trolled north to girl scout camp then picked up and repeated that run all day. Marked tons and tons of suspended fish and tons and tons of bait in 300 plus fow. Had my Riggers stacked starting at 90,80,70 and 60. Two green spoons and two orange/red super slim dreamweavers. About 30 minutes in the 90ft red spoon tripped with a 4.5pound laker. Also caught a 10 incher laker as well. Had only a few strikes so I believe the we're full. I had a mag dipsy out 300 with a green spindoctor and green fly which had no luck. Spoons were my ticket. Fishing bite wish could have been better but the fish were allover. If I can figure how to post pictures, I'll show my fish finder and laker. I have never marked so many fish and never have seen that many bait piles, unbelievable. Hope this might help you. I'll be back the week of the 5th

I was picking Salmon up yesterday from 60 to 350fow on dipsy 0 on setting 3 with a copper and black spoon. Friday before tourney I caught one around 10lbs. Now today nadda. Nothing on spin doctor and fly which was the killer last weekend. Maybe the rain changed the weather up and conditions.

We were out jigging from 6:30-12:00 today. Marked a lot on the west shore between taughannock and crowbar. Getting them to bite was another story... Did any one else notice VERY strong currents in the lake today? Our ipilot kept us in place but casting 50' in front of the boat, our 1oz jigs were ending up 20' behind the boat before hitting bottom in 80-90 FOW. I've never experienced this before, slight currents yes but nothing like that. Anybody know what would cause that?

I fished Saturday from 7:00-3:00, fished a bunch of areas from Ithaca to Milken. Got one laker all day! Been doing pretty well in these areas for the last couple of weeks, fish were cooperating just fine on Thursday evening. Interesting that others did poorly this past weekend too?.....

As for the currents I've seen 78 deg 140 feet down after an extended 3 day north blow.I thought the probe was broken until I felt how warm the downrigger ball was after bringing it up. The next day the wind came out of the South hard and the cold water came slamming back. Measured over 3mph difference from ball to the surface. The water was moving so fast that between T-falls and the cove just to the north there were whirlpools. Crazy stuff. On Lake "O" a few weeks ago we thought we had the downrigger ball crossed because the cables were making a v behind the boat. Brought the ball up and they were fine. The balls were 15 feet apart so the current had to be going in two directions only 15 feet apart. Lots of things will make the fish closed lipped just remember if the fishing is slow for a week the bite will be on soon. They have to eat at some point. If you had big currents the fish might just be in another spot. Some people Spend a lot of time watching marks on the fish finder which often works but I pay less attention to that and more to the rods. When rods are firing you  are in active fish and that is were I would rather be.  Wes

As for the currents I've seen 78 deg 140 feet down after an extended 3 day north blow.I thought the probe was broken until I felt how warm the downrigger ball was after bringing it up. The next day the wind came out of the South hard and the cold water came slamming back. Measured over 3mph difference from ball to the surface. The water was moving so fast that between T-falls and the cove just to the north there were whirlpools. Crazy stuff. On Lake "O" a few weeks ago we thought we had the downrigger ball crossed because the cables were making a v behind the boat. Brought the ball up and they were fine. The balls were 15 feet apart so the current had to be going in two directions only 15 feet apart. Lots of things will make the fish closed lipped just remember if the fishing is slow for a week the bite will be on soon. They have to eat at some point. If you had big currents the fish might just be in another spot. Some people Spend a lot of time watching marks on the fish finder which often works but I pay less attention to that and more to the rods. When rods are firing you are in active fish and that is were I would rather be. Wes

Great into. Something to keep in mind for lure speed. I had a small boat so I was a bit worried about the troll back.

Think it was last weekend the lake was smooth and a blast Cold air come from the north. Pushed a rather large wave all the way down from Lp to Sheldrake. Kinda looked like a mini tsunami come rolling down the lake. Was kinda ominous.

Was out sunday from 7am to 1 fishing in 75-90fow picked up a 9 lber on a white/green flasher with green fly reset switched other rigger to a mag spoon green and silver popped that rigger 30min later i actually stopped the boat it was pulling so much drag i thought it was stuck on bottom got it right behind boat and it popped off right before net i am guessing it went 16+lbs biggest laker i have seen in long time that one was just north of sheldrake

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United