Seneca help

Here's a few pics of some fish caught on Finger Lakes Tackle Spoons... By far the toughest trolling spoon as far as the finish and apearance. .. Bobby puts out a top notch product that can't be beat .... If you don't have any of these spoons you better get ya some!!

Mike

post-148405-14449106838402_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449106977567_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449107564815_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449107772702_thumb.jpg

post-148405-1444910794711_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449108127729_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449108278609_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449108714746_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14449108899102_thumb.jpg

You still buy gas when the prices go up. The finishes on them are second to none 100% best finish in the business and the prices are comparable to others I have probably 500 of them on the boat plus a few hundred of other brands if I could only choose one it would be flt all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll second this - I even caught that ridiculous Walleye on Hemlock on an FLT spoon...  Its teeth didn't even scratch the paint

generally speaking i am very cheap the exception is the case where quality makes all the difference and spoons are one of those cases.  perfect example you can get cheaper spoons than FLT's but if the paint and tape is ripped off after only one or two fish than than you have to buy it again and at that point it cost more.  The quality of the paint on these is second to none.  it is the only spoon that has stood up as well as the NKs of the 80s  i have used other brands recently and have several blanks of each that did not start as blanks.  FLT also has a nice variety of colors and sizes so you can find the patterns that work with your spreads and if ever i could give you lure advice  alpha alewie 

Thank you you I tend to buy more spoons that are just blanks with no paint or tape then do my own thing. Its just nice to see something you kinda put together work. Its just me though but thank you and I will be looking into flt as well as another cool spoon maker I found right up the road from me so we shall see what the out come is over winter as I put my trolling gear selection back together

This time of year I run small to medium spoons off fluoro leaders run way back for the bows with 6-8 ft sliders as well off downriggers. If the water surface temps are in the 50's early in the morning before the sun gets high try running boards in close even near docks if fishing the south end of the lake for browns. I don't often use sticks this time of year but they may work (e.g. J-9 size or J-ll). The small Honeybee spoons also are known brown killers on Canandaigua. Often running 2.8-3.4 works for the bows with the smaller faster running spoons. Unlike lakes such as Seneca which has a very diverse bottom Canandaigua is largely a combination sandy muck bottom so a lot of the laker fishing is looking for active suspended fish  around bait pods rather than dragging cowbells along gravel or rocky bottom structure.

Edited by Sk8man

I was going to stay around 100fow with dipsy magnum down 80 to 100 with boards off the sides. Deep side copper shallow side core. I got rained on and came home... could stayed out and waited it out but just looked like heavier rain coming. On top of it I can't figure out what's up with my fish finder... when I was jigging the holes in front of Belhurts and just around the point but fish finder wouldn't show fish with just electric trolling motor on... turn the main motor on start trolling... marks fish normal.... don't get it...

I have it rear mounted by the main motor. Followed the directions.... when the motor is off it just shows a fish constantly middle of the screen. I think I got a bad connection somewhere. My over heating alarm comes on even tho the motor hasn't been running when the key is on all the way.. gotta find the sweet spot... probably why it don't work right. NW wind tomorrow.... depending on how bad it is I'm going to start at high banks and troll to Sampson. Might even bring some live bait and try the perch if I can find them. Seneca needs to give up some fish... they gotta eat

Braved the weather this morning. Poled one 30" pike south Belhurts. High banks was to rough. Gave it shot but pulled lines and headed for some heat after that.... 5 colors of core on broad with black and silver dream weaver

Surface temp was down to 54 ° in 30 fow

Edited by FishingTheFL

Braved the weather this morning. Poled one 30" pike south Belhurts. High banks was to rough. Gave it shot but pulled lines and headed for some heat after that.... 5 colors of core on broad with black and silver dream weaver

Surface temp was down to 54 ° in 30 fow

Thanks for the report how were the waves? I'm thinking of going in the am.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app