Cayuga 11/3/2015

Out Dean's and headed north past the winery, headed north in 80 to 150fow. Caught bunch dinks with one nice grab that was bigger fish. Not sure what it was, never broke the surface.

Little further while reeling in another drink, wham! Pole bent down and started peeling line. Laker on mag diver 80ft down over 120fow. He made a few nice runs. After that it was close to dark, pulled in my mag diver and ran 5 and 7 colors on boards and a top line. That was short lived, didn't want to filet my fish in the dark...

Bottom line is you got out on the lake!!! Everything else is a bonus. Hopfully this weather holds out so we get one more shot at our favorite water hole. Best of luck, stay warm this winter.

Launched at Taughannock at about 7:30. Headed North and set up shop right down the middle. The weeds and leaves were annoying but avoidable. Launched my new to me FLT custom painted paddle with a minion DWB fly on a mag dipsy it wasn't in the water five minutes and boom fish on! , fish off.. The small salmon were everywhere! Found some active fish in 222' near Milliken. Fished most of the day, landed 4 Lakers, two small bows, one small brown and I lost count on the dink salmon. Dropped two other Lakers and a board burying fish that I couldn't get to in time (fighting a Laker). I'm sure that was the silver I was looking for.

The Lakers were down 100-140' and if you got a FF down to them they were willing to play. The fish I kept were totally spawned out. Hot spoon color was orange and gold and a small silver and purple.

Picture of the biggest Laker that I released.

Thanks again Minion!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-14466821348203_thumb.jpg

John,

Is that the DWB fly in the pic?  That's an interesting set of beads in it.  Why did you choose those colors?  I too have had outstanding luck with the DWB Minion fly with white glow beads behind a standard green 2x crush glow SD

yup DWB. Only reason was to try something different. Someone had posted they were hitting on pink or orange... I usually like a glow bead or white in the fly body but this worked.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller