canandaguia launch

ifishy

taking the boat out for the last time on sunday.  going to finally try canandaguia for rainbows been saying it for years but has never happened.  is the north end lauch still usable?  I'm not real familar with it but it looks like it could be trouble with low water.  I see a few of you posting reports so i'm hoping that means its fine.  I'm hoping to be out there late morning.  planning to run all my lines in the top 70 foot nice and spread from the boat.  Do they typically like the faster speeds there as well.  should be fun always wanted to spend some time on that lake but hate crowds so summer is a no go.  

The docks were still in earlier this week when I was perch fishing nand the handicap dock is in all the time anyway at this time of year  but you'll need to be careful and have your lower unit or outdrive up a bit as there is some sort of obstruction (looks like a light colored boxy item in about 3 ft of water right near the south edge of the Inn on the lake hotel building and just a hair west of the center of the canal so stay a little to the left going out toward the lake at that point. I nailed it going out and luckily I was going slow so it didn't do any visible damage.  Fast trolling with medium to small spoons is usually the ticket this time of year.

Edited by Sk8man

so made it out late morning no problems coming out of the launch did not see the mentioned obstruction though.  Lake was  a little bumpy but not terrible.  ran a couple miles south and set up on a south troll.  went an hour or so without a touch and corssed over to the east side and zigzagged our way back north.  the weater was nice and the boat ran well and is already to set for its winter nap over the coming week.  the fish were not be be had got one very small bow as we were picking up but that was it.  No releases all day did not even see anything on the fishfinder.  dont know if i'll try can again i dont know if i have the paitence to learn a new fingerlake.  anyways do some stream fishing and some ice time to try to keep me sane till sping browns.  i'm already thinking about my game plan for them.