Meat question

This will be my second year targeting kings and my tackle is still limited to say the least but I caught fish last year so I'm hooked" little different then when a walleye hits a dipsy lol" so my question is.... Is it really worth it running meat? I'm looking at it this way, I'm going to drop $150 buying rigs and familiar meat do you think I should pull the trigger or step up my fly/ spoon assortment?

Meat is our go to for big fish. We always have a rigger with meat down in the ice water. Its not always the hottest rod but it usually produces the biggest fish for us at least. If your going to buy some meat rigs you might want to give Chris from Minion flies a shout. He uses quality swivels and hooks and will make you any color rig that you would want. I forgot to mention that 9 out of 10 times that we run copper its with meat

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am with the last three post. With your limited time fishing only in the spring I would forgo the meat at this point. Spend the money on other things. I am sure you can find another location for the money. HaHa. Save the meat decision for when you are fishing the lake in the summer and fall, which will happen in your future.

I have never ran a spoon behind a paddle or spinny. Is this a regular in most guys setup?

I get some strange looks when I mention it to some fishermen, but it works and there are days when they won't hit a fly behind a paddle but will nail a spoon. The paddle/spinny is just an attractor.