Cayuga

The Lake Source Cooling project draws 39 degree water from 250 FOW. The discharge is located 500 feet from shore in 10 foot of water -via a diffuser,  to reduce it's environmental impact. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if launching at union springs is possible this time of year with the water down? i have a 16 foot lund tiller model. Its not super heavy and if waders are needed to walk it off the trailer so be it but if its only inches of water it would save me the trouble of hauling it down.

I was at Frontenac yesterday and it is awful. The waters edge is at the very end of the ramp maybe lower and then it is just muck and sand on the north launch.  In the south side it is worse.  The ramp is out of the water and all broken apart, there is also a big hole made by all the people that power load onto the trailer.  Behind the hole there is a large pile of rocks that were blown out of the hole.  That pile of rocks actually sticks out of the water.  I even saw somebody's  license plate laying on the bottom.

T-Falls is wide open but low be careful....hip boots might be a good idea. We had trouble loading last week. As for AES it's running at 20% and it doesn't look like it will change until it closes, the water is returned at 20 degrees above what it's brought in at so the discharge is minimal! I don't know if this is enough warm water to draw the silvers!

• 3 months later...