Cayuga 1/31

Launched at 9 am headed North had an awesome day! Instead of solo a friend went along and I was able to run a 6 rod set, two riggers, three lead cores and a mag dipsey. Trolled the west side from 350-150' pockets of fish everywhere. First fish was on the 50' rigger and it slammed the FLT pink alpha alewife, thought for sure it was a silver, nope just a hard fighting 6 lb Laker. We picked our way through many small salmon and two 14" browns, also caught three nice bows in the 22" category. The next highlight came with a 4lb LL that buried an inline board. Ended the day with with a nice two man limit and a grand slam! Hot lures were FLT (anything but green), lol! Not sure why but they didn't want green. The bows came on a no name lure that was black with a little silver tape in the cup and orange/ with an eye on the opposite side. My buddy said that little lure isn't anything he would ever run and he doubted it would catch fish! Ha fun day to experiment! post-150622-14543311417619_thumb.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good going John....those LL' are pretty tasty too. This sure is one year that I wish I hadn't put my boat away.....of course If I hadn't  the weather would probably have been like last years :lol:  At least I've had time to get all my stuff rigged for Spring with the fishing lull :)

Nice work as always John...jealous is the word that comes to mind...☺ Its my busy season with work, but Ive been our from shore at night. Climbing around on icy rocks in the dark isnt as fun as i remember...im ready for may and my boat! Like Les ive had time to work on gear...might pull my motor off tonight...looks the toon is getting a 60hp and ill be able to go faster than the speed of smell!