Humminbird 859 ?

chuck527

This is my second 859 I had installed on my new boat in August. It worked without flaw for the first few months but in December I noticed that the depth reading(numerical) was not matching where the bottom was showing on the graph and it was not matching my chart which was relatively accurate for depth and still is. Any thoughts? I ran it by one of the guys at Bass Pro who said he was the the most trained individual in electronics and he just looked at me cross eyed when I told him what was happening. I'll say that nothing had changed (but obviously something did) i.e. Transducer angle wiring interference, bottom of transducer is clean. Maybe a bad transducer? Thanks for any input.

Call humminbird

Hmmm... Tried calling multiple times and always a busy signal. Maybe my transducer is interfering with my phone and vise/versa. Sent an email in the meantime.

Fished Keuka on Saturday and my Navonics chart said I was in 50 fow with my riggers down 130ft. Funny the riggers never even bounced lol. Can't believe it's so accurate on Canandaigua / Ontario and so far off on Keuka.