I to have experienced it and I have come to my own opinion that it's the bait it actually affects. When that bait moves the fish will move as well but sometimes the bait ends up coming into water temps that the fish don't agree with so they separate. Or the fish absolutely gorge themselves cause they can see the bait more clearly with the moonlight.

the fish absolutely gorge themselves cause they can see the bait more clearly with the moonlight.

I believe the above says it all . A full moon is always a tough bite unless fishin eyes middle of summer midday on a full moon then it produces

We never go out early on full moon (previous night).  Salmon basically have better eyesight and use moons light to eat bait all night long. By 6 am they're full.  However, a salmon needs to eat a lot every day, so by 11 am they start biting again.

So that's the time we're generally back out after a full moon.  I've seen many guys give up by 10 am, and pack it in.  But if they wait, almost consistently by 11 or 11:30 am, the bite turns on.

Moon and turkeys, not much talking this am, last week, hammering, same kinda conditions, blame it on the moon!:lol:

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

• 3 weeks later...

I also second the 10:00 and later I get very few bites before then with a full moon, on a few occasions though iv had them turn on like a light switch later in the morning

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app