Cayuga over load

I can't believe you just said that as your the one that started the post. You knew the responses you were going to get before you ever clicked make new topic, this is why i basically stopped posting before I use to get to fish every weekend and posted all the time. When Seneca started getting slow I was still catching, for the simple fact i followed the fish and put hours after hours after hours in planning. Well I started receiving childish Emails from people saying I was just boasting and bragging. Then this year I make one post and get drilled in the same emails for a lack of detail, it's pathetic and now your lashing out at gentleman calling them non-posters and ridiculing them but yet your telling people not to post. What exactly are you looking for with this topic, what did you expect to happen, all you did was shine more light on Cayuga and deans cove. See you on the water Saturday good luck and tight lines.

Man I wasn't even talking about you all these guy that are not even from around here putting there little one liners is what I was talking about and again I did not say don't post and all you people can go down there and run your riggers in 30 fow and get all 14' LL you want and say how good it is that why I only put my but in there but I guess you can only fish next to the ramp I had no idea that ther was more lake out

Thanks to this post that 40 boats you saw last weekend is now 80 this weekend.. This is exactly what you didn't want.. You yourself blew up the spot or the area for that matter.. You have no one to thank but yourself... I've definitely laid back on posts for this very reason but I still enjoy reading everybody's posts and helping anyone out I can get on fish.. This site was designed to help everyone out especially posting your success story's .. The lakes go in Cycles as I've have seen and experienced since I began fishing these Lakes when I was 5.. Seneca Lake still is a good fisherie and is far from being over so the focus will turn to other lakes until someone else posts a few good reports from elsewhere then a lot will go try thier luck there... I'm not bashing you but this is a prime example of think before you speak or write in this matter...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Definitely a massive mistakes posting this I new some would disagree didn't think I would get jumped by some and no I'm not talking about the Seneca crew I like helping people on here to IV pm guys that are from out town coming up here with there family and put the on fish many times and a lot of post over the few years I sure some agree with me but don't dear say any thing and I don't blame them lol thanks for the input.offer still there if you need are facilities for the FLTA and it's only 5 miles away from deans haha

Definitely a massive mistakes posting this I new some would disagree didn't think I would get jumped by some and no I'm not talking about the Seneca crew I like helping people on here to IV pm guys that are from out town coming up here with there family and put the on fish many times and a lot of post over the few years I sure some agree with me but don't dear say any thing and I don't blame them lol thanks for the input.offer still there if you need are facilities for the FLTA and it's only 5 miles away from deans haha

Appreciate that very much .. Thank you

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

One of the things that strikes me here is that this forum can be viewed worldwide by all sorts of folks some seeking specific fishing information and others just curious about the region or the Great lakes specifically. The postings here should be done with this in mind as these "local issues" can become quite emotional and the topic can get far afield from ether  the original intent of the poster or  the resulting informational value to site viewers.  In any case it doesn't represent our region, our fishing sport, or the interests of the various people frequenting LOU to get into these local "squabbles" which detract from the information sharing process and purpose of LOU as an open forum for the exchange of information of value to all of us. Lets focus our energies on helping each other out regardless of body of water chosen to fish etc. We all have an investment in making our sport better and the best that it can become. Maybe a little more forethought to the possible results of our posts may benefit all of us.

Lot of questions still need to be answered before I can claim to be properly spoon fed.  I still feel hungry.

Skinny water keep to yourself but Cayuga lake is pretty big - I think posting is fine.  Still have to catch em.  Also, If you think it is crowded there go to Honeoye sometime. 

Good luck gentleman sorting this one out.

Man I wasn't even talking about you all these guy that are not even from around here putting there little one liners is what I was talking about and again I did not say don't post and all you people can go down there and run your riggers in 30 fow and get all 14' LL you want and say how good it is that why I only put my but in there but I guess you can only fish next to the ramp I had no idea that ther was more lake out

i know you were not referring to me I was just giving you a example of why someone may possibly be reluctant to post or give out public info. But the lack of post from someone is no reason to bash them sir, also some I'm sure, feel they are not up to par to post and I couldn't disagree more with that feeling. many could get the feeling of I only got one fish or two so I won't post thinking they did something wrong but in reality that's the post that should be up and give everyone a chance to help suggest idea analyze the circumstances and better the next trip I learn more from slow fishing then i do fast fishing fast fishing small details get skipped since they are not needed. slow Fishing i tend to pay more attention to speed lead length turns structure sun pressure wind currents direction all sorts of things. And I have realize I have gone off topic from the original intent of this post but I hate seeing the feuding and want that part to stop, I myself am just now starting to work things out with a good friend that I'm sure will be reading this post also and all the problems start as little petty things that could have been settled completely different at the begging. Once again I wish you the best of luck on the water tight lines.

Maybe ask the Mod to just delete this thread...

. when someone wants to post a fishing trip that's their choice if it fits the rules laid out for this web site...

Les's post above is why I'm not a Pro Member any more ......all fishing reports should only be available to be viewed by logged on LOU members ....... because the whole world can see them is a good reason not to post any and why I don't spend $20.00/year any more. 

• Like 1

I don't recall when Cayuga was slow.  But I do recall all the guys headed to Seneca leaving about 3 charter carter captains for Cayuga.  Which was good for my business!  Seriously guys, the fishing is good on both lakes you have to adapt to the conditions.  They change every year.  Presentations and colors change daily! A couple of reports for Cayuga makes no difference to me.  Just be courteous to all the boaters and know the rules of the road.   

RR

Can't agree with rustyrat more!!! Adapt and over come. And there is no reason to delete your profile why limit your own opportunity to gain knowledge. As for the world wide deal I think it's great personally! I know I myself have gained info from all across the country and even other countries, I mean Google brown trout are little slice of heaven here in New York isn't the only place with them. And the knowledge to be gained from others is Pericles, suggestions,ideas, tactics tons and tons of info only a click or two away . Personally it's foolish not to use the resources that we have at are disposal.

Maybe ask the Mod to just delete this thread...

. when someone wants to post a fishing trip that's their choice if it fits the rules laid out for this web site...

Les's post above is why I'm not a Pro Member any more ......all fishing reports should only be available to be viewed by logged on LOU members ....... because the whole world can see them is a good reason not to post any and why I don't spend $20.00/year any more.

I often scratch my head about being a "pro" member we get no more privledges than Joe Blow from Idaho, unless it's in the pro member section, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times that happened. It was mentioned that some posted a sale item in the pro area, to move it to the general page more people will see it?? I think if you spend the $20.00 you should have more privledges than a "approved poster" don't get me wrong I love this site, but I backed out of the fishing part of it. I enjoy helping those with electrical problems with there boat or just general questions about boat problems. There's only a few guys that fish the same area and we PM each other, not for secrets, but for the very same reason we are posting right here.

I pay for the pro membership only because it keeps this forum going. Running and owning a website isn't cheap. Especially an interactive one such as this. Chad does a good job with this unit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I thought the idea of this site was to share information!?!? It seems to me alot of Charter Captains and many other accomplished fishermen are willing to post info. My opinion is they are confident in their abilities and aren't afraid someone will out do them or steal there fish. Many new fishermen have gained valuable information from this site...but unfortunately I have seen someone ask a question and get chastised for not having posted info of their own. Maybe they are beginners or not that good at the craft yet. I applaud those that are not afraid and are willing to help others. You know ho you are!   

I totally agree with you LakeB88 I went pro for the very same reason, but it shouldn't be considered a donation it should be mandatory to get into differant areas of the site. Maybe I'm wrong, why should a proud member have the same access to the site as a Pro Member. It would push a lot $20's into the LOU kitty, so Chad can keep up with this great site, and even make some money for all his efforts?

I pay for the pro membership only because it keeps this forum going. Running and owning a website isn't cheap. Especially an interactive one such as this. Chad does a good job with this unit.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fully agree with Nick.  Chad does a wonderful of making this site run well and accessible to all.  It is a lot of work designing and maintaining a functional heavily trafficked website and a lot of behind the scenes stuff needs to be done that folks are not always aware of. I used to design and maintain personal and commercial sites as part of my small business so I know it from experience and appreciate the consistent way this site runs  with the amount of traffic it gets daily. I view the $20 per year as an inexpensive way to show that appreciation as well as allowing easy contact with folk having the same interests in fishing. The title "Professional" as a heading has little or no meaning or "ego value" for me as I don't fish for my living but as a lifestyle and I don't think it was intended to be used in that way. I view it as a way of distinguishing folks that fully support the website. I would encourage folks who are on the "fence" about contributing to do it without reservation. I know that not everyone looks at it in this way or shares this view so each to his/her own. 

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys for the kind words - there is a Pro Members only forum if you wish to post topics there.  That is only accessible to Pro Members so it is a little more private. 

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/forum/21-lou-professional-members-only/

There is also a private message system well.  We do our best to run a family-friendly community and encourage open discussion and debate within the confines of the site policy.  With over 18,000+ members, of course there is going to be issues but we do our best to keep a family-friendly atmosphere.  The associated IT expenses are very high to run a site with this kind of traffic so thank you to all those who have supported us over the many years now! 

Thanks guys for the kind words - there is a Pro Members only forum if you wish to post topics there.  That is only accessible to Pro Members so it is a little more private. 

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/forum/21-lou-professional-members-only/

There is also a private message system well.  We do our best to run a family-friendly community and encourage open discussion and debate within the confines of the site policy.  With over 18,000+ members, of course there is going to be issues but we do our best to keep a family-friendly atmosphere.  The associated IT expenses are very high to run a site with this kind of traffic so thank you to all those who have supported us over the many years now! 

Chad,

Is it possible to protect the finger lakes discussion section like the Ontario fishing report sections are protected? Meaning, that at least you have to be a site member to view the finger lakes report? Just a thought.

DJ

Chad,

Is it possible to protect the finger lakes discussion section like the Ontario fishing report sections are protected? Meaning, that at least you have to be a site member to view the finger lakes report? Just a thought.

DJ

I'd go pro again for that upgrade , 

Ed

Chad,

DJ

Hi Dennis -

Yes, let me give this some thought.  I think that is worth consideration as the finger lakes section on LOU has become increasingly popular over the years - far beyond anything I imagined.  I wouldn't make Pro-member-only but I think that making it at least a site member is a reasonable request like we do for the main Lake O fishing reports section. 

Thanks again -

Chad