New floor

it would not be my choice for the reason stated above. I re-built my floor- stringers- deck -and transom. Put plywood down and covered it with resin for the deck. I now need to put down marine grade vinyl, but have not done it yet.

I have seen a few boats advertised for sale in the past few years that had diamond plate to replace the floor which I presume has been aluminum diamond plate.

There are better ideas to replace a floor so I really don't understand why you would go in that direction.  Unless it is one of those west coast specialized aluminum boats.

I used aluminum diamond plate for a partial floor in my Islander. It worked great and was not heavy at all. It didn't get hot, and was not slippery. Very easy to clean and will never rot. A friend of mine did a complete floor replacement with it in his islander. He helped me with mine. It was not a difficult project. It took us two half days to do it. I bought two 4x8 sheets of 1/8 inch diamond plate. It cost me $320 for the two sheets, and I have a bunch left over for future use. I was happy with the results and functionality.

Sent from my HP 10 G2 Tablet using Lake Ontario United mobile app