Scents for tackle?

Hey over the winter I bought boxes and boxes of spoons and some lures flashers flies plugs rods reels everything this guy had when he fished ontario I have approximately 700 spoons left. The only problem is they smell like the inside of a cow barn where he stored them. I have never salmon fished before and I want to give it a shot next week. A lot of them are optimizers some still brand new. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this smell?

Edited by Fishwiz

Maybe place them in a box and place a box of baking soda opened along with all your lures inside and close it up for awhile.  More work.....wash them in Dawn Ultra dish soap.

Edited by Sk8man

I had a paper bag full of Jplugs given to me buy my uncle that a older lady had she said her husband used to fish Oswego and she went through the whole story as why she wanted a fisherman to get them not someone that would throw them away. Well they smelled like a new box of moth balls.LOL anyway I put them in the dishwasher, I stuck them on the round things that stand up on the rack, the plugs fit on the wire uprights where the chain beads with the hooks go. I ran them on the fast cycle with detergent, then just the wash cycle with no detergent. Worked great and didn't smell at all. Then I sprayed a cardboard box with fish scent and now they smell just a tad fishey. That never bothered me before!! LOL you can put a shyt load of spoons in the dishwasher, I used cold and set it on the fragile mode.

I've heard to wash with lemon dish soap.  I have some on the boat but haven't tried it yet.  I also have a couple of cans of anchovies to scent them with....again, haven't tried it.