seagull attack

We rented a cottage on Seneca for the week. Weather has been an issue so far. We fished off the dock and one of our friends ended up catching a seagull with the minnow he was fishing. While he grabbed the seagull I attempted to get the hook off his wing. Lucky this seagull wasn't too accurate with his mouth and missed the minnow but got the line wrapped around it's wing. My friend didn't have a good hold on the seagulls head and it turned and bit me on my index finger. Surprising it didn't hurt. Happy to say both the seagull and I survived. On with the fishing report. We fished about 3 hours in late afternoon but didn't move a rod. Had two Spin doctors out with flies and a protroll flasher and fly, three other rods with Finger lake spoons.Marked very little bait or fish about two miles north of Sampson and two south of the park. A bit difficult to fish with the constant wind out of the north west. Hopefully will get some more opportunities if the weather calms down. Any info or hints would be appreciated. Have some friends from NYC and would like to get them into some fish before the week is done.

PS- just haven't done very well on Seneca the last few years. Don't know if its me or the lake.

Its not you Bob  just about everyone I know has been having problems and reporting slow fishing with only a few exceptions so many have been fishing Cayuga and having some success there.  Hopefully you'll catch a break on the wind. Usually around now running smaller spoons run clean and back aways on the riggers with sliders run 2.7 to 3.0 will catch some rainbows and landlocks and an occasional brown between Sampson and the high banks area on the east side or over across on the west side from just north of the stacks at Dresden to Angus Point and South Kashong either out toward the middle or in the 100 ft. range about 50-75 ft down. Pontious Point (first one north of Sampson) is also worth a shot in the early AM or evening with the above set up. The lakers will probably be down below that 75 ft now and the spin docs and flies should work for them ( e.g. greens or whites) if you target them running deep.  I haven't actually been out there lately so the above is just based on past results but worth a try.  There should also be some lakers on or near bottom right out in front of the wall (80-140 ft.?) at Sampson so if you have any peanuts or Spin N Glows that might work there fished deep. Good luck. :)

Edited by Sk8man

If you're near sampson, there's more bait there than you think. Fish 100 to 120 if you just want action for lakers. 111 down with dodger and spin glow should move rods for ya, spin Dr's out on a mag diver 225' 235' will do the trick. Log leads from divers to flashers.

If you want some salmon and bows, head out to the middle of the lake or more towards the west side from kashong to dresden and troll faster than normal, run rigger with spoons down 50 to 64 foot but make sure to have cheaters on the line, although the cheater out of temp it has been hitting the suspended fish in warmer water. If you hit one, turn on the area. You will get more. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks, guys. I used to fish around Sampson for lakers. I thought about hitting that area hard or going further north to Belhurst. I think I need to concentrate on one species instead of trying to go for everything at once. When I get a chance I'll give those suggestions a try. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll get a chance again. It's hard when you have friends and family- can't spend all our time fishing. I'll keep you updated on our progress.