Pike fishing on Seneca?

I'm visiting my parents for the rest of the week and my dad told me about a spot to fish for pike. Usually(up here in Maine) I just fly fish for trout and salmon, so I've never tried pike fishing(although the are slowly taking over many waters here).

Anyone have any tips, or had any success on the lake?

I'll probably be fishing from my canoe

Husky jerks in natural colors. I've also caught them on paddle tail flukes with jigs. Perch color some times produces but sliver and black is always been a good producer. Last year they were covered in red slime. Might be a off year for them. Last year around this time I caught them by Belhurts.

If fishing from a canoe north side of Lodi would be a good place to try. Had a lot of luck there and the north end by the park in Geneva

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FishingTheFL

The good old bunny fly still works on those slimy guys, good fun too. The big flat, 500 acres???, off the entrance of the water from Keyuka is where I used to fish for them. Work it right up to the boat, they don't mind the boat being there.....jk

The good old bunny fly still works on those slimy guys, good fun too. The big flat, 500 acres???, off the entrance of the water from Keyuka is where I used to fish for them. Work it right up to the boat, they don't mind the boat being there.....jk

My dad tells me stories from his childhood of fishing for pike there after working in the vineyards and seeing pike eat ducklings.  That would be pretty fun to see!

Since you are staying in Hector, do you have access to the mouth of the creek where the falls empty's into? Used to get zillions of smelt there during the runs long time ago. Maybe fishing from shore there you could raise some trout, perch or something where it dumps into the lake. gotta be something swimming around there?????

Not sure never used flies before. Husky Jerks(Rapala), Original Floaters(Rapala), jigs and spoons in black and silver. Husky jerks north of Lodi worked well in 18 fow. Lots of 28" to 30" with the biggest being a 33" last year. All were released. You can try posting on the Esox under warm water. Those guys might be able to give you more info

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app