Where to purchase tackle

I'm just starting out with trolling and have no gear. Was wondering where the best/cheapest place to buy rods, reels, and the tackle is. Would rather purchase from a store as opposed to buying off Internet, at least enough stuff to get me started.

Also if anyone wants to give me suggestions on what kind and size rods and reels I'd need it would be appreciated.

I'll be fishing lake Ontario and cayuga lake.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

if i was just getting into trolling this time of year i would stay away from the tackle stores and wait for sales to kick in the as salmon fishing is winding down. shop e bay , here on LOU . I  know you said didn't want the wed but will find better deals . as new comers get into the sport there is people getting out of the sport . after getting the basics there will plenty of time to spend thousands at the tackle shops . 

When spring time gets close a lot of people start selling used gear on here. You can find some good deals and save some cash as well. In January I think is the Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Association (LOTSA) has a used tackle flea market in Niagara falls at the Greater Niagara event center that brings in new and used items at discount prices. lotsa1.org is their webpage.

Brian and Lucas have given you some real good info and advice. You can (and probably will) wrap up a lot of money in this stuff and until you are sure it is for you why spend big $$$ on new stuff  you may not re-capture? This is especially true now as the season is starting to wind down. I see that you mentioned Cayuga Lake so in march there is a great tackle show at Watkins Glen at the south end of Seneca lake and you'll see it advertised (i.e. the date) here oin LOU as the time gets nearer. You would be able to select from both new and used equipment there and often there are great bargains to be had and you get the chance to chat with knowledgeable folks as well.rather than store clerks without a clue :lol: .

Edited by Sk8man

I would agree 100% with these gentlemen, great deals on here. I don't know where you will be fishing out of but I like All Seasons Sports in Pulaski. Great staff willing to help, great selection of stuff and prices are not bad. Best of luck to you.

I would agree 100% with these gentlemen, great deals on here. I don't know where you will be fishing out of but I like All Seasons Sports in Pulaski. Great staff willing to help, great selection of stuff and prices are not bad. Best of luck to you.

+1 All Season's has very knowledgeable staff and very good pricing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app