8/28 Cayuga just before Dark

Headed out of Dean's. Setup right out the shoot at 100fow. Trolled south till ran in the first break in the houses marking very little and no bait. Turned and headed north and started marking a lot of fish between 40 and 60 ft. Must of had my drag set to tight because when I finally got a hit the tip of the pole bent right over. Dipsey tripped and brought a nice LL to the surface. Did one jump and snapped 12 lbs test... I was disappointed since it was one of the biggest LLs I have ever had on... 0/2 but now I got the shakedown trip out of the way with my new to me boat. Can't wait to get back out there.

Should I use a heavy leader ? I would really like to land one of these large LLs.... Sad part is I landed a 10 lbs laker using 6lbs test...

Haven't been able to get any Lakers. Been running between. 2.2 and 3.1 surface by GPS. I know surface means little... But its better then nothing

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We're heading there tomorrow AM Mike. Things are slow on Lake O for the pacific salmon so hoping the Atlantics are friendlier :lol:  Just hoping to stay away from the lakers....

i also loss two big silvers there this year . one snap the leader witch was 15 lb seguar red label . due to drag  to tight . then the  other the split ring gave up the ghost . those LL have a big attitude and are strong fish even the small one go crazy . nice report and good luck next time out . go get them Les. 

Edited by fisherdude