Anyone ever troll at night?

Dec officer comes threw and leaves pink tickets if you don't pay for a ticket. Soon as you come down the stairs there is an automated pay station. They come down every day couple times a day. Use to be able go fish a few hours before dark... Now you have to pay $7 no matter what. I usually get stuck paying the $14...

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've tried night trolling a handful of times.  The lake comes alive at night.  When you look at your Fish finder you ask yourself "is this for real"?   That being said, I've never budged a rod on Cayuga at night.  I agree with others though, Be very careful and make sure your boat is running right because nobody is out there.  I would consider yourself lucky if someone even replied to a call on the radio.

Edited by vogel451

Can't comment on trolling at night, but I would tend to doubt it.. I can say for certain however that lakers DO hit jigging spoons painted with flourescent paint.. The kind you have to shine a light on.. Paint  a few heavy jigging spoons  with it.. Get a good strong flashlight on it for  15 seconds or so and send it down to your marks.. they WILL hit at night.. However its a big pain in the butt.. You must reflash the lure every time you bring it up as  light effect  doesn't last long at all.. I would bet a cyalume stick on a  jigging spoon would draw hits as well, and last longer.. The question is .. "why bother?... Just go early in the AM, get your lakers, and leave early... bob

I've been quite successful on Owasco lake fishing at night, mostly while drifting, using fluorescent worms. Those are regular night crawlers that you put in special bedding  that is laced with fluorescent material. The crawler eats it and he starts shining in the dark. Bass pike and lakers,they all love it. I do not know if that stuff is still available. It probably is full of dangerous chemicals.

Any tips for color day fishing? I'm out right now. Had one large salmon hit but broke off.. Haven't had a hit since. Fishing between 80 and 150 sutton 71 down 70 took hit. Green and silver stinger 40 down Nada. Mag dipsey down 80 on 3. Tried green and black and chicken wing pizza spoon. My flies are faded so I haven't tried them...

You will not catch squat trolling at night unless the eyes of the fish can see at night. Any fish with that glossy look in their eye can see at night. You may catch an occasional fish, but it's mostly a waste of time with most species.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Any tips for color day fishing? I'm out right now. Had one large salmon hit but broke off.. Haven't had a hit since. Fishing between 80 and 150 sutton 71 down 70 took hit. Green and silver stinger 40 down Nada. Mag dipsey down 80 on 3. Tried green and black and chicken wing pizza spoon. My flies are faded so I haven't tried them...

We fished Keuka yesterday. Boated 9. Mostly Lakers and 2 small lls. 50-70 down out in the middle. Frog colored Keuka Wobblers took most fish, red backed KW's ran a close second.

Sent from my VK410 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

many moons ago during the seneca lake derby we fish saturday day time right threw the night . into the morning sunday  till noon . only caught fish in the day time . never move a rod that night . never did again . now that i am old i am looking for a nap by noon  :)

None in that color. Brewers has been closed for weeks and I don't feel like driving to bass pro this weekend. Maybe next weekend

bass pro does have them . i order them from advance or fish usa  show up at door,  usa is faster delivery than advance