New York/Pa. Kinzua, Resevior

Xxx

Talked to a guy who lives in the lake, Cuba, said this week waters going down. I have fished it 18 yrs, numbers up and down, same with rushford. Lot of shorts in both!!!!!!!!! Have seen a few good ines and two myself over the years. If I got out more I would be in the kinzua for sure(little kids) , , fish the river and the fall is best for the eye bite, sauger sticking now also. Good luck now and ice fishing! Jeff

Lol I'm in hinsdale lol....good to know about water thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was reading about the reservoir and the verbage concerning fishing license was confusing about the entire reservoir. Do I need a PA license as well even if I'm fishing NY side ?

Also Ned a reservation licence depending on where you fish...best bet is to have all 3

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was reading about the reservoir and the verbage concerning fishing license was confusing about the entire reservoir. Do I need a PA license as well even if I'm fishing NY side ?

I always thought that if a body of water was split by a state either licenses work for both lakes, like GreenWood 1/2 NY and 1/2 NJ but since I had a NY state license I was good to go. But I talked to a guy that fished the Kinzua and he said something about the license to, he thought something about a Indian Reservation land that the NY state ends in. So maybe??

OK I guess I type to S. L. O. W LOL!!

Edited by pap

I have s Ny. and a Pa license, so I'll only have to get the reservation license, but it sounds like the better fishing is in the Ny. end. I don't know for sure.

Rez license is $50, but I wouldn't waste my time.  It's only good from Dec 31 to Dec 31 and the water is way way way too low to fish the Rez water or NY state water.  Actually, you'll probably have to launch outta Wolf Run, which is deep into the PA side.

Do not take your boat into NY water or Rez water...the water's so low and there's so many relics from the past, you're almost certain to hit something.

• 1 year later...
Talked to a guy who lives in the lake, Cuba, said this week waters going down. I have fished it 18 yrs, numbers up and down, same with rushford. Lot of shorts in both!!!!!!!!! Have seen a few good ines and two myself over the years. If I got out more I would be in the kinzua for sure(little kids) , , fish the river and the fall is best for the eye bite, sauger sticking now also. Good luck now and ice fishing! Jeff
Old post but hopefully some people still around. Oleanjeff do you still fish these lakes? I am a land owner on rushford and have a boat set up for bigger lakes but can't seem to find the bite when rushford is full. The screen always looks great on both ends but no bites. Any tips?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Old post but hopefully some people still around. Oleanjeff do you still fish these lakes? I am a land owner on rushford and have a boat set up for bigger lakes but can't seem to find the bite when rushford is full. The screen always looks great on both ends but no bites. Any tips?

I will be there Thursday thru Sunday hopefully will have a report then. Will be fishing pa side as I'm camping near sugar bay.

I was there 2 weeks ago nothing south for me. Seemed like everyone was north of border in res land.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will be there Thursday thru Sunday hopefully will have a report then. Will be fishing pa side as I'm camping near sugar bay.

I was there 2 weeks ago nothing south for me. Seemed like everyone was north of border in res land.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry, should have been more specific. Looking for any kind of info for rushford. I have a place there but tend to do mostly smallies, which can still be fun. But, I'd love to get on some late spring early summer eyes and rainbows though

• Like 1

reservation license is 60.00.  The reservation gets fished hard all year long ,it is a lot shallower up there. about the middle of June the PA side of the reservoir starts to warm up and that is when the walleye fishing picks up. Try fishing Sugar Bay ,Cornplanter Bay and the Kinzua Arm   It is a tough lake to fish but there is fish in there to be caught . I have fished it for over 30 yrs  . Bottom bouncers with harnesses is the way to go for eyes.. Good Luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-Trophy said:

reservation license is 60.00.  The reservation gets fished hard all year long ,it is a lot shallower up there. about the middle of June the PA side of the reservoir starts to warm up and that is when the walleye fishing picks up. Try fishing Sugar Bay ,Cornplanter Bay and the Kinzua Arm   It is a tough lake to fish but there is fish in there to be caught . I have fished it for over 30 yrs  . Bottom bouncers with harnesses is the way to go for eyes.. Good Luck

they also have a 30$ 5 day license im told. the walleye fishing can be great there but you have to sift thru a lot of short fish. but that lake has the potential to grow huge fish. this time of year you will do better staying north of the bridge at wolf run for walleye. I believe there is a local group of walleye that stay up near red bridge but its not a large amount.

the Indians have a walleye hatchers up on the reservation and stock several thousand fish each year. that's one of the reasons there license went up.

how many fishing license you need that depends where you fish. if you fish pa, you only need a pa license. if you fish the Indian reservation you only need an Indian license. New York license only cover about 3 miles of the reservoir. Best time to fish this place is during the early spring on the Indian side of it. some fishing during late spring in pa fishing the channel. July is for the party boaters. you want my opinion. go fish Lake Erie for walleye.

Edited by Ray4852