Need something to hang spare reels from in the boat

vetting

So as I add to my arsenal of leadcore/copper/weighted steel reels, I need something to hang them from.  I have a smaller cabin and I leave a minimal amount of rods on board and then swap the reels onto the rods for the setup I need for that day.  Is there something that I can mount to a board and clip the reels into?  Something almost like the when you clip them too the actual rod.  Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

We swap out reels as well but I just ordered neoprene reel cases for each one like these... http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Neoprene_Casting_Reel_Covers/descpage-SCRC.html?gclid=CKn8z9WRiNECFZA2aQodY9MPxQ ....and put them all in a compartment in the cabin. I label the reel handle with whatever setup it is so I can easily identify what each ones is without having to take the covers off.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

And you would do what with these?

I would screw five of them on a board and another five on another board. Then I would screw or glue these 2 boards onto the roof of the cabin at such a distance from each other that makes it possible to slide the rods in and out of the clamps or leave them hanging off the roof of the cabin. Another way to do it is standing the boards vertical and glued to the side of the cabin again at the proper distance and hang the rods in the clamps .

Edited by rolmops