Conesus tournament

Chapter 69 pike/tiger tournament is May 13th, 7am to 4pm. Register online at NYmusky69 or in person at the launch from 6 to 7am. Awards,food,and raffle afterwards at launch. Under 16 free. 27” minimum at this one. Any questions text 315 667 0222. Pic shows raffle items 

967D054B-26AA-40D8-9A68-80A0B5EFB0C4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Looks like 71 and sunny for this one. Light west wind. Water temp was 48 Wednesday but should go up some by the 13th. No new weeds yet. Didn’t move any esox Wednesday but stuck a pig of an LMB. 

Special thanks to Mike for running another fun tournament and bringing a load of pizzas to the awards afterwards - delicious!  Wasn't sure if we were going to be able to make it to this event or not as a week before my dad was testing the boat out for the first time this year and found that some rodents had gotten into the engine... to say it was a mess would be an understatement:

IMG_9667.jpg

Every wire had been chewed down... some almost to nothing.  Credit to dad for taking on this ambitious project knowing we most likely wouldn't be able to rewire the entire engine in time for the event.  He pulled out the engine schematics and re-did all the wiring and low and behold that old smoker craft fired right up again!  The smokiest of all smoker crafts was back in action and ready to rock n' roll!!

IMG_2253.jpg

Tournament day had some beautiful weather and it was nice that we had scheduled the event with no bass tournaments to contend with at the sole public launch on Conesus lake.  Lord knows my experiences at the launch have not always been my best moments... haha.  Fishing had some good activity throughout the day but lots of non-committal lazy follows early.  Ironically almost all tournament participants seemed to either catch or have follows from a bullhead or two that day:

IMG_2250.jpg

We ultimately managed one nice pike at 35", good enough for 2nd place and big fish that I caught 2 casts after snagging a bunch of sunfish schooled up out there.  Dad and my brother both missed a couple other fish during that 1/2 hour window around 10 AM that day.  Special thank you to Dan Lacko for returning my brothers spinner bait that he snapped off during one of his casts.  Dan just happened to notice the line floating, pulled in the line to find a nice spinner bait and then heard my brother and I talking about how upset we were that we lost his favorite spinner bait that day at the awards afterwards!  What are the odds! 

IMG_2251.jpg

Great event, looking forward to next year.  Up next... Otisco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueEye said:

Special thanks to Mike for running another fun tournament and bringing a load of pizzas to the awards afterwards - delicious!  Wasn't sure if we were going to be able to make it to this event or not as a week before my dad was testing the boat out for the first time this year and found that some varmints had gotten into the engine... to say it was a mess would be an understatement:

IMG_9667.jpg

Every wire had been chewed down... some almost to nothing.  Credit to dad for taking on this ambitious project knowing we most likely wouldn't be able to rewire the entire engine in time for the event.  He pulled out the engine schematics and re-did all the wiring and low and behold that old smoker craft fired right up again!  The smokiest of all smoker crafts was back in action and ready to rock n' roll!!

IMG_2253.jpg

Tournament day had some beautiful weather and it was nice that we had scheduled the event with no bass tournaments to contend with at the sole public launch on Conesus lake.  Lord knows my experiences at the launch have not always been my best moments... haha.  Fishing had some good activity throughout the day but lots of non-committal lazy follows early.  Ironically almost all tournament participants seemed to either catch or have follows from a bullhead or two that day:

IMG_2250.jpg

We ultimately managed once nice pike at 35", good enough for 2nd place and big fish that I caught 2 casts after snagging a bunch of sunfish schooled up out there.  Dad and my brother both missed a couple other fish during that 1/2 hour window around 10 AM that day.  Special thank you to Dan Lacko for returning my brothers spinner bait that he snapped off during one of his casts.  Dan just happened to notice the line floating, pulled in the line to find a nice spinner bait and then heard my brother and I talking about how upset we were that we lost his favorite spinner bait that day at the awards afterwards!  What are the odds! 

IMG_2251.jpg

Great event, looking forward to next year.  Up next... Otisco.

Your Dad is the best. Fished with him a couple weeks ago. Special guy for sure. 
Good luck at Otisco. 

• Thanks 1