After a spring full of upgrades to the boat, I finally had a chance to hit the water.  We left the dock at 11am and headed east of port.  We made one pass in the skinny water with nothing to show for it. Turned north and hit our first fish in 41’ on a #2 chinook diver out 25’.  After a nice brown hit the floor, we continued north.  We poked out to 95’ taking another brown down 88’ in 91’ FOW.  We went back into 65’ where we had a decent screen.  We picked away at lakers all afternoon.  Gambler Rigs in Alien and the new Kryptonite UV did all the damage.  

F940DC62-CCC7-4B6E-8133-98904744133C.jpeg

• Like 9

Lakers and the brown coughed up 3-4” alewife and 3” gobies.  I have taken browns on bottom in as deep as 135 on the bottom at this time of year.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Brian, are you coming West this spring?

No.  I dumped a lot of money into upgrades on the boat this year and don’t have the cash to put into my trailer to get it distance travel ready.  That will be taken care of this fall for next spring.

Nice report Bri! It looks like you updated the cushions etc. Is the wiring all new as well?  I know you were fighting that last time I saw the boat.   Man the boat looks great from the last time I saw it last year!

On 5/10/2023 at 6:05 PM, danjr said:

Nice report Bri! It looks like you updated the cushions etc. Is the wiring all new as well?  I know you were fighting that last time I saw the boat.   Man the boat looks great from the last time I saw it last year!

Since I bought the boat last spring I have done the following:

New Bolsters

New Vinyl and wood trim throughout the boat

New wiring

New seats

Hydraulic Steering

Autopilot

New Hummingbird Helix 7

Through hull transducer

New rod holders

New riggers

Tracks

net holders

New antenna

Cuddy rod holders

I have new window trim to install, I started running a new fuel line for the kicker yesterday and a couple more projects to get done.  Next winter I will upgrade the other fish finder and add electric plainer reels.  

Edited by GAMBLER