Adding a new bilage pump

9 hours ago, HB2 said:

Clean  the bottom good with mineral spirits and stick the bilge with silicone  or epoxy . That's what I would do . 

Thanks. Never thought about that. I never got around to doing my through hull transducer so I wasn't sure what the thickness of hull. The AP was my 1st priority. If I go with silicone would something like 3m 4200 be ok for that?I appreciate the input

2 hours ago, sherman brown said:

4200 would work but a bit harder to remove. I would just use 100% silicone for that job. whatever you do don't use 5200 as it is more of a permanent application.

Thanks. Yeah the 5200 I know is a permanent thing. I just put in some new auto trim tabs in and had some 4200 still left from that. Thanks for the help. I'll probably get some silicone cause even the 4200 is tough to remove 

18 hours ago, prayingmantis said:

Thanks. Yeah the 5200 I know is a permanent thing. I just put in some new auto trim tabs in and had some 4200 still left from that. Thanks for the help. I'll probably get some silicone cause even the 4200 is tough to remove 

yeah, just silicone will last longer than the pump in most installations. i used it to block a couple of larger holes in my transom and it was still good and flexible after about 10 years.