Got in the LOC for some customers who wanted to compete in the Derby. The night before Day 1 of their trip I spoke with the guy and he told me they wanted to get on the Derby leaderboard. No browns yet, so I decided to set up for the brown spotted devils the next day. I've never fished BTs on the west end, but how different could it be from home?  Left port and took some water temps... 50degrees was ok... But I found a temperature break to 48 and some nice stained water .  Deployed 6 board Flatlines pulling stingers and two flatlines with 2oz rubber core sinkers along the prop wash pulling Super slims in various gobie patterns .

Day 1 we did catch a few BTs, but nothing for the board.  I was confident with the game plan, so we went back for Day 2.

Day two, same set up.... Difference is the water was a little warmer (51) . After we get set up, a rubber core prop wash set up gets hit .. I knew it was a decent fish by the way it fought. The angler played it perfectly to the net... 13.4 on the scales at the Boat Doctors. 

Blonde chicken wing, chicken wing, gold perch and mongoose In Michigan stinger were good. The Prirate Silver with black scales took shots, and the Green Gobie Super slim took the big fella... It's great when a plan actually kinda comes together ..  hopefully the missing year class of BTs doesn't have much of a bearing in the future...PXL_20230511_105419180.thumb.jpg.5b2e7b74c8fb95d833b1fd3655a92740.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

Got in the LOC for some customers who wanted to compete in the Derby. The night before Day 1 of their trip I spoke with the guy and he told me they wanted to get on the Derby leaderboard. No browns yet, so I decided to set up for the brown spotted devils the next day. I've never fished BTs on the west end, but how different could it be from home?  Left port and took some water temps... 50degrees was ok... But I found a temperature break to 48 and some nice stained water .  Deployed 6 board Flatlines pulling stingers and two flatlines with 2oz rubber core sinkers along the prop wash pulling Super slims in various gobie patterns .

Day 1 we did catch a few BTs, but nothing for the board.  I was confident with the game plan, so we went back for Day 2.

Day two, same set up.... Difference is the water was a little warmer (51) . After we get set up, a rubber core prop wash set up gets hit .. I knew it was a decent fish by the way it fought. The angler played it perfectly to the net... 13.4 on the scales at the Boat Doctors. 

Blonde chicken wing, chicken wing, gold perch and mongoose In Michigan stinger were good. The Prirate Silver with black scales took shots, and the Green Gobie Super slim took the big fella... It's great when a plan actually kinda comes together ..  hopefully the missing year class of BTs doesn't have much of a bearing in the future...PXL_20230511_105419180.thumb.jpg.5b2e7b74c8fb95d833b1fd3655a92740.jpg

Nice job Matt. I thought for sure I’d see an Optimizer hanging there

😎

• Like 1