Looking for recommendations on having a Bimini top made

Henry D

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to contact John Mann at  Sodus Point (Sodus Bay Canvas). He  is a pretty incredible craftsman and probably has seen about every possible sscenario

6 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Might want to contact John Mann at  Sodus Point (Sodus Bay Canvas). He  is a pretty incredible craftsman and probably has seen about every possible sscenario

X2

Thanks for the advice I’ll certainly look him up

i got it out for a short ride ran ok got the old fuel out of it and filled with non ethanol treated with sea foam have only run it off the garden hose since but it seems to run much better

The overall condition of the boat is good

the wood is beautiful I’ve been making a board to match it to mount the riggers and rod holders to that’s almost done I also have spent a good amount of time going through the wiring on the boat that needed quite a bit of attention 

New bearings and seals on the trailer

Hopefully next week she’ll drop her first lines

You can get stock biminis online for less but if you go custom and are willing to pay I recommend a wrap around of some sort stock Biminis come in many heights and lengths so can get whatever size you need that way sport tops or enclosures are a lot harder to find so if paying for custom worth getting the full set up

Ultimately the full enclosure would be ideal I’d like to get some quotes and based on my $ available will determine what and when, but I’m leaning that way even if it means waiting a bit

this boat is quite a step up I’ve been fishing on a 10’3” Zodiak  but it would be nice to bring a friend along plus being a bit more comfortable going farther offshore 

Thanks for the advice guys I’ll keep you posted

There is a lady in Fairport who does  canvas work. Her name is Barbara Bournival.

Her website is : www.boatcoversandcanvasbybarbara.com

Edited by rolmops

• 2 weeks later...