Adding snap weights to copper.

I suspect too many factors involved to know for sure. The copper will bow upward at that speed, amount and direction of current present, the trolling direction, type of lure at the end, diameter of copper etc.

You can get an estimate by running a Fishhawk TD though.

NOTHING.  

I used to add drop weights onto my mono line to get some depth for trolling shallow in early season ... 1 oz, 2 oz, 3 oz does nothing to counter the drag ... you need much heavier to do anything ... then it becomes akward trying to hang all that weight on the line ... so the solution is TORPEDO DIVERS.

Torpedo Diver – Angling Sports

Cuda is 12 oz ... and the profile reducing the drag.  You can attach using an OR16 clip (not on the copper ... you'll need to put it on the leader, or on a braid section).

If you don't have downspeed and depth (Fishhawk) ... then just attach it all together with tackle but without the hook ... and go out and see where it bottoms out at 2 mph.  Start with adding the cuda dive depth to the copper dive depth, and work your way in shallower until you hit bottom.

I have real good luck with adding an inline weight to my 300 coppers, can’t remember the name, they hang on the line and have a plastic insert that snugs it in, has a bend to the lip of the weight. If I remember I’ll snap a pic. 

I do have speed and temp.  Have added offshore guppy weights to leadcore with good results.  Know it got deeper but just don't know how much.  Was trying to figure out how to get a 300 copper deeper.

Michigan Stinger Dive Bomb is what you're looking for - 2, 4, and 8 oz should do the trick with short coppers. I put them 50' up, directly on the copper and have never had an issue fingers crossed. I think they may net me 10-30 feet extra, on average. Michigan Stinger Dive Bomb Blue 8 oz

Took me longer than it should have to find them, too - and I was too proud (ie, old and stubborn) to walk into the basement and simply look at them. I wonder if having the word "bomb" in the name makes them register lower on Google's search engine? I was getting everything but.

• 3 weeks later...

I run torpedo weights on my coppers and pump rods. According to my smart troll 2, adding a 2oz torpedo where the copper meets the leader adds 10-15 ft off depth depending on lure, speed, and current. A smart troll takes all the guesswork out.