Shout out to FishHawk

My X4D probe failed just after the warrantee expired. I tried all of the options to figure out what might be wrong, but it simply wasn't transmitting. No damage, no condensation, no corrosion. I figured that I was SOL, but FishHawk sent me a new probe immediately, without charge, no down-time. I am beyond impressed and wanted to give a shout out to them for standing behind their product.

• Like 3

Man that's nice.  Mine failed the same way, no obvious issues and 6 months out of warranty and they offered me one at 1/2 price ($150 vs $300) so I took that offer.  The only issue with mine was the temp sensor failed, and I did send it to them so they could check.  They said the thermistor failed, which after only 3 seasons seemed a little premature...

• Like 1

A 2nd Shout Out to Fish Hawk Electronics !

Gator- I had the same experience this spring with Fish Hawk. My prope was 5 months beyond the 2 year warranty. Would show speed but no down temp. Called them on a Monday morning had new prope in my mail box on Thursday. Did't even have to pay shipping. They are a very customer friendly company. Thankyou Fish Hawk !!

• Like 1

I have had great luck with their customer service in the past.  My probe quit well after the warranty and I sent it in to have it fixed.  It was fixed free of charge!

• Like 1

Trevor and his staff try hard to provide good service and they have a very good product, but the very nature of these things (e.g. probes and thermistors, seals etc.) is that they are relatively fragile items and it doesn't take much to screw them up. The fact that they are an American company  goes a long way in my view.....the Chinese crap sure wouldn't hold up as well.

• Like 1