Fished this morning out in front of the power plant in 110-180fow.  Went an abysmal 6 for 12.  Had 3 bites on spoons, 1 on FF and 8 on meat.  All of the fish we lost were on meat.  Not sure what the issue was.  Of the six we landed the biggest was only 10lbs.  Just couldn't find any big fish.  I did have 2 guys with me that had never fished for salmon before so it was nice getting them both their first kings, even if they weren't very big.  Coming back to Olcott next weekend so I hope some bigger fish will be in the area. 

Hook placement relative to the meat will have an impact. Size of the hook will have an impact.  Stiffness or thickness of leader material will have an impact. Speed trolled will have an impact. Mood of the fish nipping vs inhaling will have an impact. The recent derbies and tournaments (everyone had meat in the water) will have an impact. Lots of variables. Keep doing the same thing over and over might cause the same results and sometimes it is just one of those days. 

• Like 1