Introducing.... LOU Maps!

Hello again everyone,

Excited for the '07 fishing season yet? I started getting excited after the Rochester Sportsman show every year. Anyways, I wanted to give you an update on what I have been working on for LOU. This new section will require plenty of member feedback and that is the purpose of this post.

Here is the idea: LOU Maps! Recently, Google made available the API for "Google Maps" allowing us to interface with the application. This means we can use it to create our own CUSTOM maps. What I am putting together now is a map of Lake Ontario that will show all the MAJOR ports/harbors/bays from around the Big-O.

What I need from you is a list of any port you would like to see on the LOU Map (Canada and US). Canadian especially would be very helpful. I am not looking for specific marinas, just the major harbor/bay/inlet itself that you think would be of interest. This will serve as a great educational resource for anyone wanting to know more about Lake Ontario as well as a functional resource for those already familiar.

If you want to take it a step further than you can visit the website below and get the exact Lat/Lng coordinates (significant to 14 digits in some cases) of the port/harbor referenced. You will have to zoom in a bit on the left there.

www.TrackUsDown.com/map.htm for GLatLng information

Example of what to post:

Body of Water: Oswego Harbor

Latitude: 43.463136527413724

Longitude: -76.51290893554688

Eventually I would also like to create a map of the Finger Lakes and simlar ports as well, but first things first...

Great guys. Thank you for sharing. Here is a sneak peak at LOU Maps (including the "Cayuga LOU All" tournament location). I apologize for the lack of ports at the moment. We are in the process of gathering all that information as you know. Consider it a work in progress still. Enjoy :)

:arrow: LOU Maps Beta Link