42ND ANNUAL CANANDAIGUA LAKE TROUT DERBY June 3rd & June 4th 2023

Yep report I read has it at 22lbs back in 79’.  I remember a gang of us went out with a captain that ran the marina in the north end for browns late 80’s. Sliding bobbers with smelt off the drops. Huge browns in the hay day. 

• Like 1

THIS LAKE STILL HAS MONSTER BROWN IN THERE I KNOW OF A 24LB ONE TAKEN OUT OF THERE YEARS AGO HIS NAME WAS LAKERTAKER

Edited by Trouthunter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cinnamon fish said:

How old would you guys guess the 15.15 rainbow was?

I remember a discussion with Ned Holmes and Bill Abrams (sp) of Region 8 NYS DEC in the early '70s. I expressed my concrern with the decision to stock BT in Canandaigua Lake... would they enter Naples Creek,  and perhaps alter/have a significant negative impact on RT recruitment. They assured  me it would be monitored very closely as they would never risk any damage to a "free"  $1,000,000 RT hatchery ('70s $$$s).  As part of that discussion they advised that the majority of bows only "run" the creek one time during their life span, with a significant number remaining in the lake, never entering the creek. The stress of the run and spawn does limit the life span.  I think Frogger's estimate of ~10-11 yrs is reasonable and the size may be an indication of a single or perhaps no spawn run into Naples creek.

• Like 1