Hemlock Lake Bass

Girlfriend got out of work early so we spent the day together. I tried to somehow make it a fishin trip without her gettin mad. Settled with a hike at Hemlock. A few casts off the shore here and there. First time there. Beautiful lake. Need to bring the kayak.

Walked out into the lake on a fallen tree. Got this guy. Not easy to land at the end of a tree on light tackle. Lucky the hook was in good.

100_2242.jpg

I hear the lake has nice smallies. I want to catch some. Any tips?

Phil

Hey Phil,

Take the yak down about a mile South of the state launch at the North end and drift from that point, working shore with a combination of Senkos, topwater, and leadhead jigs. You can't miss on the smallmouth over the next month, with largemouth like the one in your photo thrown in, too. It's a great lake for the kayak and canoe fisherman, given the 10 hp limit. Tough nut to crack for trout and walleye, but bass are plentiful this time of year scattered along shore...the more rubble, the better. Give me a shout if you decide to try it, as I'm on your way down and might join you.

Gator

Nice!!ahh that lake is just sweet in the spring before it warms up too much..also try any natural colored cranks over those same points or anywhere you see 10-15fow. There are some horses in there, maybe bigger ones in Canadice even. Any white slashbait just awesome too. good luck I miss the twins :(

Hey Phil.....you catch any in-season Walleye yet? Man....nothin lights up the frying pan like a nice 18" eye. I've got a buddy taking me to his holes on Seneca for Perch on Saturday. Says I've got to fish with a blindfold though. Doesn't want to give up any locations. Then it's on to I-Bay late Saturday night for an eye run after a wedding. I've only gotten out twice, briefly each time, and haven't boated an eye yet so I'm looking forward to that.

Hey Phil,

Nice pics. Glad you are enjoying Hemlock. Make sure you check out Canadice. You'll be glad you did. There is a reall nice trail down the west side for your honey as well as good smallie fish'n. Btw watch out for that bosco cat. He's never been convicted but many of the investigations are still open. Jk man, he's a great guy. Known him forever.

Phil

There are several places along the shore and a boat launch. It is a beautiful place. Like going to an Adirondack Lake. Make sure you get a watershed permit , and read the regulations. It is patrolled. ;)

Chuck :yes: