Jefferson County Suprise

Spent some time chasing Walleyes.... Ran some deep diving sticks, and some short cores with shallow smithwicks....

Get out to 40 -45 fow and a 3 color core goes and pulls the offshore board under. Few head shakes and the fish starts swimming at the boat .   I figured it was a big walleye or a big Sheeper... Fish comes up behind the boat and our jaws drop... A fantastic net job by my buddy and high fives... Fish released to live and destroy another anglers gear...

PXL_20230606_122513932.jpg

• Like 19

21 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

Spent some time chasing Walleyes.... Ran some deep diving sticks, and some short cores with shallow smithwicks....

Get out to 40 -45 fow and a 3 color core goes and pulls the offshore board under. Few head shakes and the fish starts swimming at the boat .   I figured it was a big walleye or a big Sheeper... Fish comes up behind the boat and our jaws drop... A fantastic net job by my buddy and high fives... Fish released to live and destroy another anglers gear...

PXL_20230606_122513932.jpg

Since you were chasing walleyes, did you catch any walleyes?

49 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

Since you were chasing walleyes, did you catch any walleyes?

Nope..... I really put a lot of time into it .... Tons of Bait clouds ... And North east winds haven't helped.   

Possibly going to try some areas I have never fished later this week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Missdemeanor said:

Nope..... I really put a lot of time into it .... Tons of Bait clouds ... And North east winds haven't helped.   

Possibly going to try some areas I have never fished later this week. 

I've fished for walleye around Point Peninsula and Galloo Island twice this year and only caught a 15" Cisco. I'm not sure how anyone else is doing on walleye.

• 2 weeks later...