Went out this morning 6:30 to 9 a.m. in 3 to 5 plus foot rolling waves. Trolled north of Ibay.

Set up with 2 riggers and one copper. Temp surface was very cold 46 all over in 80 to 100 FOW. Nothing on the screen. Rock and rolling wave made it difficult for the screen to pick up something.

On the way back, copper line was hit by small king. Spin Doc with Atomik Flies Green Crinkle/Black. After landing the fish, much to our surprise, we found a two hooked to a trolling fly! A small smelt and a king! Will upload photo.

After a landing the fish, it was white caps all over and we headed back.

I am not sure if we were just foolish to head out this morning. At least we caught a fish!

Anthony,

Always nice to get out, but that was a little rougher than I like to fish in. I must have just missed you, I got down to the boat about 9:45 or so and spent the morning cleaning.

PH,

You've got some serious stones man. With the S.C.A. for the weekend we stayed away. We did manage to take a peek at the lake at Webster Park and it looked like it was boiling.....

Glad you got into some fish!

- Chris

Heres the photo of a bait fish that got hooked to the ATOMIK flies. This set up managed to land a fish! Not the best shot as I took it with my blackberry.

Pq36eZ9.jpg

As for going out in the boiling sea, stupidity should not be masked by bravery as experienced fishermen like you are wise to stay at the dock. I guess my stubbornness may get in the way sometimes. The last time I have done something like this, I landed solo a hefty 25# salmon in 5 plus roller. :P

You weren't the only crazy one out there. We tried it on Sunday morning also, not too bad first thing, but by 9 am mother nature brought the GUST-OOOOO. We weren't out as far as you, but we didn't hesitate to get the heck out of dodge.

We logged a goose egg for out efforts.