Four of us from Addiason/Painted Post/Campbell had a two day charter out of Kingston last sat/sunday. Poor fishing for most everybody in that area last weekend. We took a 14 pounder and a handful of skippers. Captain worked hard and was frustrated that we couldn't find them. Fun trip anyway--got us out of Corning for a weekend.

Ray, See you at Captains Cove late summer-----

striper fishing was tough this year. We were out friday and saturday morning (newburgh) with nothing to show for it. The most frustrating part is your fishfinder shows tons of fish and you see a few splash the surface, but can't get them to bite. The amount of boats and lack of courtesy at the boat ramps was unreal. I'm personally glad it's over and ready for LO.

Here's our only fish we caught this year... and by "we" I mean my wife... but since I drove to the spot and put the worm on the hook, I count it as "we" :)

IMG_0287.jpg

Nick

I fished outside white's most of Saturday morning and never saw anyone net a fish! We went all the way up to the poughkeepsie bridge at one point before we had a real good screen. I heard people on the radio saying they caught fish blah blah blah, but they're probably on shore working with a marine radio at their desk just saying that to make us think there are fish in that damn river.

Nick

that was probly the same school mostly males ,they were moving about a mile a day best fishing was 16 ft down over the school in deeper water females and bigger males will follow .then the mother load which is still comming will be there and so will i if i can

Hey Guys,

The fishing up river has been consistent. By up river I mean between Catskill and Albany. The big girls are hitting live herring fished on a circle hook rig while drifting on an outgoing tide. The spawn is getting close because each fish brought to the boat has two or three suitors following right to the side of the boat. We've been getting out 2 or three times a week since late April. Two-three fish per trip has been average. No great days, but no skunks either.

Paul

Ray/Everyone else interested in Stripers: The striper run is way behind this year compared to years past. One way to follow how the action is doing is to look up the NJ Star Ledger reports by Al Ristori. He's been covering the ocean fishing in NJ for 50 years. When he says that the stripers are in Atlantic Highlands hot and heavy then they will certainly be in the Hudson. Good luck to you guys!

Bob

The striper run does not end that fast.

In June and July they are on Billingsgate in Cape Cod bay and anybody who can deal with Lake Ontario can deal with Cape Cod bay.

We usually go for a week just to chase the stripers and Blue fish.By July there are Tuna around on Stellwagen Bank as well. It is a bit different from trolling for Salmon.It is mostly a combination of jigging and trolling but the results are easily as spectacular as salmon fishing

roly moppy i was refering to the hudson spawning season the further north the later the run due to water temps but thanks for the heads up .and please dont fish for them when there in the rivers up there because they are there to spawn and thats just mean..here is another brilliant lesson the strippers spawn in the lower chesepeke rivers in march (its warmer down there )mmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty striper(thats why i posted" HUDSON RIVER REPORTS" I DONT KNOW NUTIN ABOUT THEM northern creeks...

Ray,there is no point in name calling on an otherwise great board.

Please google "stripers spawning in Hudson"

I very much appreciate your very knowledgeable Ontario reports.

As for fishing for spawning fish.It has little to do with being mean.It just is not very expedient.