Canandaigua Laker Derby

• 2 weeks later...

Any one got any more info on this? I callled the chamber of commerce today and the lady on the phone was not helpfull. I would like to know where to sign up, I know you can on-line? Anywhere local? What are the classes kids, women ect... Lakers, Browns, LL, rainbows?? Payouts?? Where do weigh in?? There website says all rules posted at weigh station where the he** is the weigh station located. I really want to fish this derby but man they are stingy with posting the details Any one able to help me out?? Thanks in Advance TD

There is really only one class. Pays the top 5 biggest fish and the biggest rainbow and the biggest brown. Any of the marinas on the lak should have entry forms, or least they have in years past. Grays bait shop on the pier, possible suttons spoons in naples. I also think that a few marinas in geneva have forms too. Weight in station are at the Inn On The Lake on the north end and the marina on the south end.

Taking this derby off. Plan on spending time with the newborn baby girl and wife as well as catching up on yardwork after the Seneca tourney... will be out maybe this weekend however. Good luck to all!

p.s get off Canandaigua Lake by 11am if you want to keep your planerboards once the rookie rec boaters all get ou there lol!!!!!! :rofl:

OK just got my requested derby form in the mail here'a what is says...North End weigh station INN ON THE LAKE south end weigh station FIELDS CONSTRUCTION RT. 21 Woodville, NY. LAKERS $1000 1st, $500 2nd, $ 300 3rd, $150 4th, $50 5th, Heaviest Rainbow $100, Heaviest Brown $100 Fishing hours 5am till 7 pm June 6th. 5am till 4pm June 7th. Who all is fishing this derby? I'll be on station 68 TD

I'll be there, don't have a radio though. Where are you launching out of? doesn't matter you fish the whole lake from whereever you launch. I'll be keeping my boat at my grandparents house on the east side right next to pelican point marina. Good luck and don't be surprised if you see a 14lb laker win it. Rememer you can enter any fish for the $1000 prise, not just lakers. A brown has won it and placed second a few times in the past few years.

I contacted the Canandaigua Chamber Of Commerce by e-mail that I got off there web site. Here's my e-mail to them:

The L.O.U. fishing site has a number of questions about the derby. All we can find on line is the entry from. Nothing on payouts or what fish would be on the ticket. If you could please send me the info or go to this topic join the site(no cost) and make a reply(that would be great PR for your derby):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10996

Thanks for any info you can supply

Ed Colegrove

A few days later I recieved this :

Re: Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Derby.

Please send mailing address and we by overnight express , will mail you all detailed information..

Our e-mail address is:

[email protected].

Phone number is (585) 374-9657

Thanks again,

Albert Woodhead

Chairmanm

I thought that was nice of them but then I asked them this:

Is there anyway you could send it by e-mail so I could post it on the fishing sites for this area?

Thanks

Ed Colegrove

Reply :

There is actual so many parts of the Derby... to try to e-mail the info , that option is not feasible at this time, sorry.

Al Woodhead

My reply :

Ok ,,,,, I'm not fishing it just trying to help those that are.

Maybe they will find the time next year. It would be nice if someone from these derbys would take the time to answer questions and such as SpiltShot does for some he's into.

:clap:

I'll be in a 14 ft rowboat with a honda tiller...pre-fished Sat am with a skunk (That's 3 in a row now! Starting to take it personal!) I don't have a radio on it so just splash me with your wake and I'll know you're LOU!

I was out there from 5-10 Sat AM...went South past the 2 marinas along the west side...we had one on the Wire (NK 28 Spook out 110 on a #3 over 100 FOW) that shook the hook before we got em to the boat.

Then another release with nobody home off a point further south that has a creek that flows out the southern side.

Good Luck!

Here is what I found. The committee does not have a web site but I am willing to help them in hope to have one next year.

Pay Outs

1st Prize.......................$1000.00

2nd Prize......................$500.00

3rd Prize.......................$300.00

4th Prize........................$150.00

5th Prize........................$50.00

New Largest Rainbow.......$100.00

New Largest Brown..........$100.00

First Place fish to be mounted by:

Flint Creek Taxidermy

Largest Rainbow to be mounted by:

Nature's Trophies Taxidermy

Largest Brown to be mounted by:

Joe Gursslins Taxidermy

A $50.00 gift certificate will be awarded on a random basis at the close of each weigh station both 6/6 and 6/7 from all fish entered. Need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by mail.

Derby Times

6/6....5am til 7pm

6/7....5am til 4pm

No night fishing

Shore fishing is permitted

Northend Weigh Station

Canandaigua Inn On The Lake

Southend Headquarters/ Weigh Station

Feild's Construction

All entries must be in by 6/5

Must have entrie slip at weigh station

All Proceeds to Benifit:

Camp Good Days & Special Times

and

Mercy Flight Central

If there is anything else let me know I will find out. Hope to see you there.

It's a good cause. :D

if you can't download a form, they are at Roy's marina in geneva, the chamber in geneva, yates county chamber in penn yan, the beverage center in penn yan, suttons spoon co. in naples, seagar's marina, sutters marina, and capt grays bait shop and the chamber in canandaigua, pelican point marina on the east side is taking registrations till 8pm on friday, the outdoor store in bloomfield. that should pretty much cover someplace close to where you might live.