Any Results for Barney's Cayuga Lake Spring Derby?

All I know is when I called Barney on Saturday night I thought he said the laker division was 7-15 to 9-5 and the other division for the Browns, Landlocks, and the Bow's was very similar 7 and change up to just a bit over 9.

I fished Thursday thru Sunday an did 2 Thursday, 5 Friday, 7 Saturday, and 5 Yesterday. The best fish I had was 7-14 and that was on Thursday while doing a little scouting. I was having a hell of a time finding fish, but it seemed like when you found um they were pretty aggressive.

Congrats to Chowder and Eliott, as Eliott won the Annual Spring Derby with Dad

coming in 2nd or 3rd in the Laker division. Alot of nice browns were brought to the scales. the top brown

came in at 11 and change to win the lunker award.

Andy, I hope it don't rain next year :lol::lol:

Splitshot115

We also had plenty of door prizes that were donated by Dave at R&R spoons

that were well recieved.

Congrats Andy! I don't think you need any more help! :D

Way to go.

I missed the laker board by 1 ounce.

Never had a touch on sat. Whopped up on the lakers yesterday. Very Very tough lake conditions. Boat control was difficult at best.

RR

Boat control credits go to my son Elliot, age 11,who showed a lot of focus and was not to be outdone when we showed up on Sunday to find out out our no 1. fish from Saturday had been bumped down to no. 2 and our no.4 fish had got knocked off the board. "We gotta go out out and fish like we mean it today Dad!" So we did and we agreed as the boat rocked up thru and down the rollers that just hanging out in our little wheel house watching the sonar and speculating on different things, that life really couldn't get any better, fish or no fish. But it did get better when the port dipsy let loose and a second or two later the copper down the chute started to whine. I am not sure how we got those two fish in; we were kind of dancing around each other, moving rods, switching off rods, alternately grabbing the wheel and trying to get back on something like our heading and then there we were doing high fives and breaking into spontaneous laughter with a slammer in each net.

I want to thank everybody on this board for helping me get into this trolling thing and Elliot thanks you too!

Memories like that are why we like to see kids take up fishing with their Dad. I wish I could have just one more day with mine. I'll never forget the memories. ;) Congrats on a great day fishing with your son. Catching was a bonus. :yes:

Andy and Elliot, Congrats on your great catches. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

We put the boat in at Long Point, ran down to AES. It was slow there so we headed about 13 miles north into those waves. Nothing up north. We final found fish from a mile north of Long Point right to the Point. We had a lot of 7 - 8lb fish and one that bounce the scale between 8lb 8 oz and 9lb 1oz at 3:15. We didn't weigh it in.