HELP!!!

During the shakedown cruise today, my ANCIENT Lowrance LMS 350 died (it seems like the antena is not picking up satelites anymore). I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive quality GPS unit. Anyone have any suggestions for make and models that work great let me know. I'm looking for just a GPS or a combo unit less than $500.00 used in good shape. If anyone has a used one they want to part with, I will be happy to take a look at it.

During the shakedown cruise today, my ANCIENT Lowrance LMS 350 died (it seems like the antena is not picking up satelites anymore). I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive quality GPS unit. Anyone have any suggestions for make and models that work great let me know. I'm looking for just a GPS or a combo unit less than $500.00 used in good shape. If anyone has a used one they want to part with, I will be happy to take a look at it.

Brian, do you think it is the LMS 350 head or the GPS receiver antenna that stopped working? If it is the GPS receiver (puck), I have one for the LMS 350 sitting in a box in my basement that you are welcome to try out.

Tim

Tim,

I'm not sure. It was working fine for 10 minutes and then an alarm went off stating that the "module had stopped working". It is old and it's time. Thanks for the offer.

Check out th Eagle FishElite 480 sonar gps and its reviews at Cabela's $349.99. I have fished with the 320 sonar for the last few years and it marks fish and bait with the best of units. The grayscale on these units are clear as hell, you can see fish streaking towards and away from your cannon ball. Not the most popular but the price is nice, good luck.