Charging glow lures

Last year I used my 1 million candle power cordless spot light which may have been a bit over kill but it lit them up pretty good. Is there anything these Power flasher (camera flashers) offer over my old spot light? Not to mention you can buy a cordless spot light for $9.99 vs. $24.00 for a power flasher.

Do people make good use of the glow lures when fishing deeper in summer? Just bought a few, didn't know if it was worth it for building the box, or as GottaBite has indicated, a good spotlight.

Heck, may just build the box for the fun of it anyway!

This month's GLAnger mag had a reader submitted "light box", looks like a large Plano box for muskie lures, lined with tin foil, with a "clothesline" at the top, lures hung on it and a black light (12 volt type found in auto parts store to pimp your ride) laying on the bottom, then put battery type hoop connectors on wires and connect to your battery. Voila!

This month's GLAnger mag had a reader submitted "light box", looks like a large Plano box for muskie lures, lined with tin foil, with a "clothesline" at the top, lures hung on it and a black light (12 volt type found in auto parts store to pimp your ride) laying on the bottom, then put battery type hoop connectors on wires and connect to your battery. Voila!

That was kinda what I had in mind. May just do it to pass the time until wifey decides to have the kid.

FLX: You going out this weekend anytime with an open seat? Doctor says next Thursday is "go time". If kid isn't on his way out by then, the Petocin train to fatherhood leaves at 7:00 am. Last resort later that day is the "Hostage Rescue" surgery.

Hey fireplug,

I am headed out of town for the weekend with the little mrs. :(

to the Jersey shore, hopefully I can at least toss the surfcaster out for the chance at a striper or a bluefish 8)

Ray is right on if the sun is up it will charge it. If you are charging lures in the dark for use in the dark any light source will do but flash is the quickest. In the fall I will hang my J plugs in the cabin with the cabin light on while I rig the boat at the dock, by the time I am fishing they are glowing.

My biggest challenge has been with the purple glows it seems only the sun can charge them, although I am sure a UV light would as well.

CC