Left the pierheads today with a south wind in the forcast around 6:15 and ran out to 60-70 fow and found a decent screen but decided to set up a little deeper and work deeper today. Fished from 90 out to 220 on a NW towards the ponds and came back to the river in 100 ft. A decent pick up top for steelhead and coho if your targeting them. We were interested in kings today but left a couple rods available up top to keep us busy.

Ended up 5 for 6 with 4 steelhead up to 6 pounds and a 4-5 pound coho. The 2 color core pulling a Craigs Steelhead SS took 4 hits, Stinger Irish Car Bomb took the the bigger steel and the coho ate a dalmation spinny pulling and ultra glow green Atommik Fly out 120 on a 2.5 setting. The most productive water we found was between 110-170 fow fishing the top 40. Decent temp break down past 80 ft but to no avail for kings. Maybe we should have fished the screen we had inside today? who knows

Im heading back to Wilson this weekend and cant wait 8) . The fish seem very scattered, just need to put your time in, cover the water column and cover water. Good luck to all that get out.

Thanks Jax;

I was out last night after work 6:30 to almost dark. Fished for Kings over near I-bay and found natta King in sight. Did not try the upper water, but maybe I should have for a little action. One question how far back were you running your rigger leads and did they take fish?

I had my deeper riggers 15-30 ft back and fished anyweres from 30-170 ft down they did not take any hits. My higher rigger was 40 back and that took 1 steelhead 30 ft down. I wanted to run a spinny down deep off the rigger but didnt get the chance to. Mite be out again off sandy towards the weekend or am gona work on the boat. Im leaning towards cleaning and working on the boat.

Me skunked out last night. I did not expect bumpy conditions with 2-3 waves due to SW winds. Only saw activities on the screen in 70 to 80 FOW. Judging from the position on the screen, it seems like they were steelhead in the upper water column. Ventured out to 120 FOW - NADA. Saw a few fish on the screen as they came to check on the rigger but no bites. If I had done it again, I should have stayed where the fish were! I may go out again later tonight.

Tight lines.