Anyone Seeing Carp Spawning Yet

Hi Gang,

A little off topic but I promised my son (9 years old) we'd go out carp shooting when it was hot and heavy. He is beyond excited at the prospects of shooting one with his recurve. Anyhow, if anyone see's them splashing in a big way in the shallows, can you post here. I have to pick my day off from work and want it to be a winner for him.

Many thanks...I'll post the glory shots when we are done.

Bob

SeaLion,

ive been seeing them in sandy creek for about a week now. I havent seen any spawning activity yet in the creek but they are definetely in there. The kids caught one while we were dock fishing on sunday night too.

I am with you sea lion I do it ever end of May / June in the upper niagara. My favorite time is when the weeds come up. Its more of like a spot and stalk then just ride up and shoot them when spawning. To bad they didn't taste like walleye...

Hit the upper Niagara came into a bay with about 300 plus (no joke) I shot 8 and called it a day. Fun wheres our quick when you by yourself. I might go back the the recurve as the compound is a little to easy...good luck guys just starting to heat up.