2 divers per side?

Does anyone run 2 divers per side? I have a mass planer board set-up, but have never run divers off of them. I am most interested in knowing if I could get away with running a regular diver on a 1 setting with a flasher/fly- then a slide diver with a 35-50ft lead on a 4-6 setting without tangles. Does anyone have expereince running this or a similar set up?

thanks guys

I have run 2 divers off one side but not with Planner Board. I set my inside diver on 2 and my outside on 3 or 31/2. Never tried running on a Planner, seems to me that would be a lot of tention on a release. I am curious to see if anyone runs them myself. I also have run copper off Planner and Lead Core. Copper would get you deeper than a dipsy anyway with same amount of line out but less resistance.

My thoughts....could be wrong

Shade

Troy, yes it can be done running 2 or even 3 divers off one side. To begin with using a LC reel helps in this setup. In that it helps the process of knowing app. how much line is out on each particular rod/reel. Lets say that you let out your nearest wire diver at 150 on the counter with a 1 setting. This now is diving somewhat deeper than a setting of a 2 or 3. Now with another rod, (I use Heartland diver rods of different lengths, and this rod would be longer for clearance) simply keep track of the line count on the counter itself, ( or passes if not an LC) Let out back of the boat, or just to the side, with a 3 setting on the diver, letting out to say 175 or 200. Again the LC reels makes this easier. I like to keep the clicker on and even thumb the reel to let it settle into place once I know it has cleared the inside deeper rig. I have run 3 divers off a side ( as have others) using this technique, esp when the temps are where I know I can achieve the preferred. It is really not that hard once you have tried it thru trial and error. Try a wire with the inside rod or 2, and possibly mono for the high diver be it a slide or dipsey for those higher targets. One other piece of advice is using the described method as far as placement be it a copper rig or rigs off in liners or even core lines can be deployed using that method. But again, for me at least using the line counters are a huge help in knowing what you are dealing with. They are not cheap but well worth the investment-Duane

shade, chinook thanks for the info guys-

shade; we bought the mass planer set up years ago for running cranks and jets for walleye- but the church boards are actually more effective when fishing for gators, because the mass planer set-up causes tangles to often when running lures at different depths, when fish hit and run.

chinook; all my rods are equipped with line counters; the only problem is that, i do not have a wire, copper, leadcore rig.. because I am from north central Ohio and fish Erie mostly; those rigs are not needed to get down to where the fish are because it is so shallow. I would love to purchase wire, copper, leadcore set-ups, but only make it to ontario for 1 week a year, and do not see myself spending the cash for 1 week. We have 9' and 9'10" diver poles so that could help.

Troy, I know that you fish out of the Oak. As do I. Let me know when you will be there, and I'll gladly let you borrow a couple of mine ( diver and copper) when you are there. I put alot of trust and faith in our fellow fisher people ;). Must be politically correct, you know!! I could leave them At Capt. Cove and then you could make sure Michelle gets them and I'll simply pick them up at my convenience. Do you fish out of Fairport at all and if so, do you know the boat Nightcrawler? -Duane

Troy, that works perfect for me as well. For I can't fish the weekend of July 30th due to a huge softball tournament I direct. I want you to drop me a reminder ( P.M) around the middle of July, or call my cell 814-671-1430, as I may forget. As far as Fairport, I mean Ohio. They are some good friends of mine who fish the Oak on occasion, but fish Erie on a somewhat regular basis for walleyes and perch. They are from Mantua Ohio.

My mistake- I have never made it as far as fairport. I have been off cleveland often when we target steel- but I do not get further east of that, because that would be over an hour and a half driving. I live just a few miles east of Cedar Point by Sandusky. I believe fairport is just east of mentor. And I am familiar of mantau- in portage county. thanks for the cell info; mine is 419 706 0935. And I will remind you mid july about my trip. thanks again