Owasco 05/22 with pics

Fished Owasco this morning for four hours out of the North end Emerson Park. First lines in the water at 6:20 am first fish 6:21 am. It was non stop action after that for the next four hours. We put one big walleye in the boat lost another at the back of the boat, and then crushed the Rainbows one Big Bow went 33 inches :o the others were around 22 to 26 inches. We also put several Lakers in the boat up to 5lbs, the Lakers look good this year ( nice fat fish). All fish from top to down around 60 FOW, speed 2.0, all on spoons. If any of you guys jig for lakers the North end of the lake in around 35 to 50 ft of water is full of Lake Trout. We let most of the fish go but the guys did keep a few. the big bow is in the top pic on the left. See you guys on Seneca in the morning. Sean

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

Nice fish!!! Good job ! :yes: I live right around the corner from Emerson and am out on Owasco all the time, but no luck yet this year. :( Going out Tuesday or Wednesday evening to give it a try again.

Jim

Nice work Sean, thanks for the report and pictures!

I mite be interested in headin down to try jigging the lakers - How long are they that shallow in that area in good numbers?

Thanks

Great looking fish! We fished Owasco last Monday out of Emerson.. spoke with a guy while launching with a white Lund..Slimjim?.. we had the Black/White Lund. Trolled the northwest stretch in 60-80 feet and picked up 8 lakers in the 20-23 inch range. All on the downriggers with purple or watermellon spoons. May hit it again this weekend. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Wow nice fish! I grew up on Owasco lake and fished it consistently for over 20 years. During the summer months when I was in middle school and high school my brother and I would troll just about every day using riggers etc. It has been quite a while since I have seen a rainbow that large come out of the lake. From what I had heard there weren't many bows left in the lake due to the water quality. You have proved there are still some great fish in the lake. Congrats on your success!