Launched at the river again, about 5:00. Went solo this time. Went straight out to 120 FOW. Heavy clouds. Very slight ENE wind. Saw temp breaks about 60 & at 90FOW.

5-23-09GENNY1.jpg

Put on the purple freebie that JV’s gave me for telling them that Reeljerks sent me. (Don’t feel bad Mark, I won a $25 scratch off ticket so they were all free) and set it down 27 ft & about 40 back. Within a couple minutes I had this guy: (DW SS Bloody Death)

Bow:

5-23-09GENNY1A.jpg

Putted around for about an hour then put an NK28 Purple Spook on the other rigger & dropped it to 34 down, back about 60. Was over 130 FOW when the DW fired. Had it on for about 10 minutes then the spook fired. Landed the first one but treble got stuck in the net so I threw the whole thing between the seats and grabbed the other rod. Luckily he was still there. Got him to the boat but had to tail him.

5-23-09GENNY2.jpg

My first decent king double as a soloist in a long time. 16 & just shy of 20#. Took a while for my knees to stop shaking.

Did some backtracking & got this little guy:

5-23-09GENNY4.jpg

Thinking that maybe the big ones moved a little deeper, I decided to head out a bit.

And then…

To be continued

At about 140 FOW, ran into some Kalifornyah Salmon:

5-23-09GENNY5.jpg

5-23-09GENNY6.jpg

5-23-09GENNY7.jpg

5-23-09GENNY8.jpg

5-23-09GENNY9.jpg

5-23-09GENNY12.jpg

5-23-09GENNY13.jpg

(just playing stan)

It’s very exciting & just love it when you see this on the screen:

5-23-09GENNY10.jpg

Unfortunately that monster wasn’t fast enough as this guy took it:

5-23-09GENNY11.jpg

All in all, a great day. 11 for 11 (solo) All fish clean – No lamprey wounds.

These did the damage:

5-23-09GENNY14.jpg

Not very good with the new camera yet, guess I'll have to practice some more.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Nice to see clean healthy fish, gota love the rod in one hand and the net in the other wrestling match when your sole. The landing is double the excitment with a one man vs one or even in ur case 2 salmmies. Nice job.