I finally got back to the lake after a few weeks and wanted in on the king action. Hooked up with Jim (Double J) on sat morning and we worked the water just east and west of the harbor in the morning, mostly between 130 and 150 being best. It was a spoon bite with glow alewives/tuxedos doing it in the early hours (stinger and stingray size) 55 to 70 on the riggers with 65 being best, 300 copper was also hot with almost half of the bites. after it brightened up lemon ice DW's stinger gator and ss waddler did well. 10 for 13 including a 29"atlantic and a bow. The kings were nice and the biggest just under 18#. Stayed in for the afternoon to do some work :beer: on the rig. Sun am went out with Grace and after 3 hours I had the dounut hung on me so I bailed, and went back to changing diapers in NJ. ;(

DSC00170.jpg

Jim with atlantic

DSC00171.jpg

18# (redneck jeans) :lol:

DSC00174.jpg

Gracie at the helm

DSC00179.jpg

Looks like you and Jim had a great time Pete, thanks for the post and pictures very nice catch. While you and Jim where enjoying the king bite, Patty and I had to work this past weekend. We did our annually Seneca Lake Trout Derby and did better then last year. We had a tuff time fishing the first day, had to get out of king mode and once we dialed in the bite was on non stop from sun up till sun down with most fishing coming in under 7lbs. with the last day of the derby being our best. Started out with a nice 12.3lb which put us right back in fist place and got even better when Patty ended up with 3 very nice fish which took 1st, 3rd and 4th. Jim our other team member took 4th in the rainbow and 3rd in the men’s lake trout. Over all a very nice paycheck for us all just missed the grand prize by 10oz.

Frank_on_the_board.jpg

Patty_on_the_board.jpg

Great report Pete, glad to see you had fun with the silvers. That atlantic is sweet. Will be out this weekend. Are you fishing the BT derby at Jon's?

Way to go Frank and Patty, some pretty tough competition over there for that derby.

Rich