left the launch at 5 headed east over 15-20 fow ran over to selkirk not many marks NO takers..... headed NW all the way out to 200 fow even less marks.... got in front of the power plant took a small atlantic about 3#.... he took a dreamweaver mixed veggie 80 feet back 60 down over 95 fow

todd

Went out on Sunday, headed west to the stack , started in 40ft ond worked out to 160 with no luck at all. I talked with a few people at the landing and it appears as though it has been quite slow lately. It is a 6 hour drive for us from New Hampshire But loved every minute of it !! Good luck and all the best !

Trade Bait ~!~

I fished this past Saturday for the first time this season. I Fished from the stack and then North past the salmon river in various depths. I got one rod to fire around 8:30 a.m. and no one was home. But we got a late start that morning so that may have been one of the reasons. Went back out around 5:30 and fished until dark and scored a Big fat Zero for the day. By the sounds of the radio chatter and lack of, it seemed alot of people had the same results. I hope to get back up in two weeks.

I went up to Mexico Bay to try out a friends new boat....tough fishing .Saturday afternoon we headed out in front of the power plant,only bait marks were on the bottom in 120'....we caught 3 small lake trout ,biggest maybe 5 lbs.(yes lake trout,people we told thought we were fibbing).Sunday morning we tried to get back out there to search for salmon, but we developed engine problems .It, would only run at trolling speed, high idle,so we re-rigged for browns and idled back to the state launch,catching 4 browns(largest 5lbs.)and 1 small atlantic .All on sutton spoons and rapala sticks.Hopefully, the king fishing will heat up again for ya's real soon. It looks like a big push of fish is just off to your west. Good Luck,Steve.

Todd...the motor is a 2008 merc optimax,2 stroke.My friend took it back to the boat dealer first thing on Monday .They put it on the diagnostic computer,and problem pointed to the plugs! It turns out,that these newer outboards are programmed to mix extra oil into the fuel for better lubrication during break in period.The plugs fouled by hours of low rpm tolling on saturday.Learn something new everyday. Thanks for your concern,and mention this info to any friends with a new 2 stroke. Good luck fishin' ...steve