National Lake Trout Derby results

Did pretty well, landed 62 fish over the weekend. 61 lakers, 1 bow.One laker placed @ 10.85 lbs, The grand prize winner is a friends 16yr old daughter that caught the fish running the same line as us! Congrats Stacey! Most of the lakers we got were from 3-6lb range, few bigger all on the North End. Zebedee sorry I never got back to you on the radio, I was running all over the back of the boat like a monkey this weekend :rofl: The 60 gallons of fuel burned hurts though :( had an awesome derby and can't wait to be back at Sampson next year!!!

Congrats to the winners. Where did they catch the winning fish and what were they using? Fished all three days caught nothing but lakers 3 to 6 pounds. Had some nice fish on the line but luck was not on our side this weekend. :(:(:(

A couple of us were fishing the Bellhurst area with wire and top lines. The bigger fish were all near the bait. Found an area 56 degrees, but since the bait was there it held bigger but fewer fish it seemed.

fishing was great catching was good manged 1o lakers and 1 small landlock with 1 9.75 laker on the board in senior div. for 1 day,sundaty jason and i targeted lakers with 17 by 11am then he had to leave and my second partner showed up at 1in afternoon we setup where we left off with the all day bite still going found fish a tad south of where they were sat 400 yds managed to end the day 31 for 40 also lost many sat too... im gonna post my THEORY as to loosing fish on dypsys in above post and i think i got it right well 99.99% so if you loose fish on dypsys read ..i know someone asked question and cant find the post hope im not repeating answer ..the LOU roll call was neat for the 2 days i fished ,jason had to work and the old timer with bad knees,sugar,bad kidneys,arthritious,and first trip in a year woosed out today (he reeled in many fish ) .It was my pleasure to get him on the water maybe for the last time due to failing health and gave him another story to tell he was in 2nd place in seniors for a day and mighty proud of it as he should be he was too stuborne to let jason or I help him and the fish almost won ,with jason running as far away from the net as possiable i scooped it up with high 5s, handshakes ,and hugs of joy . We won more than money could buy with that fish . though we all could of used 5000.00 bucks. Thank you Jason,and Charlie Harrington for more great memories.P.S. j i got your button

I got out for the first time on the 19th with out boxing a fish. Again on the 20th I had two releases deep but didn't hook up but picked up a 21" rainbow. Next time out was the 22nd with my derby partner we hit the area I fished on the 20th boated 5 and lost 4. Fish were deep 100' to 125' down. So I set up two rods with braid to help with hooking those deep guys. 23rd we landed 12 and lost three nothing bigger than 24". 24 we were fishing the same area and Jason,Ray gave us a call and said they were into nice fish north of us (way north). We just pointed the boat north and headed up we had 4 fish at that time one being a small landlock right at 15" we put back. We got into some pod of fish here and there did 12 fish for the day with the biggest 27.75" just shy of 7#. (thanks guys for the heads up) Hit that area again on Monday the last day picked up 6 with one being a landlock biggest laker 30" 7# 6oz. that was it for us. We did have fun and loaded up the box each day with fresh fish.

WTG everyone that got on the board :clap:

Well Friday we were still rigging up my dad's boat for fishing....here we are ripping the back seat out and installing electrical connectors. (If someone ever has the bright idea of putting cigarette adapters for downrigger connections, tell them don't do it!...not enough amperage)

PqNG2US.jpg

We started Sat am picking fish as usual on the same stuff....Here's me with the first fish of the derby

gx1gS4v0.jpg

Little did I know I would struggle the rest of the weekend...We ended up only putting 6 fish on the boat all weekend with a skunk for sunday pm and Monday. we fought a lot of blow-back on the cables making it hard to put the presentation where we wanted it. I did enough cryin on the radio so I will just end with another pic to remind me what they look like.

aVx8JF0.jpg\

It was great talking to you guys and fishing side by side...I even saw the beloved Pegasus pulling in lines before running into Sampson Sunday lunch-time

Sorry I didn't make it down to the campsites to say Hi...I was pretty shot by the time we were off the lake.

Had a great time with my dad...I am forever gratefull he got me into Hunting/fishing...Tripledeuce, I know you will create some of these memories taking your boy up to the canadaigua derby....Good luck!

BTW...Congrats to Home Office for putting the fish on the board! Already looking forward to next year!

Congrats to all the winners. JBoock and myself had a rough weekend. Monday was looking good till someone cut was off and tangled all of our lines with his along with our down rigger cables. What a mess. Spent the rest of the time retiing our rods. Did I mention we had a really nice fish on when that happened. We lost it. At least he said sorry. Oh well better luck next year. Hope to see some of you at Canandaigua.

All in all had a great time on the water. Caught A LOT of lakers over the course of the weekend. 8 to 16 fish a day. Can't complain about that with a 8.4 being the largest. Had a good time listening to the radio and communicating with some of you. It's a new addition to my vessel glad I got it. Going to hit Canandauiga derby here in less than 2 weeks trailering up both days. Hope to talk to some of yah during that as well.

TD

Well we had a decent weekend with a 2nd place in the rainbow div. Great day on Sat with 30 something boated and several several lost due to not enough hands for the amount of rods with fish on. 2 times by 8am we had 4 fish on at once with only 6 landed, and 3 doubles and a few singles mixed in. biggest laker was just over 8 lb with a 7.8 that put pur fish time derby fisherman on the board for the day, he was on cloud 9 for the day! Blueghost we launched at the same time on Sat and I was pulling out right behind you on Mon. I was way to exhausted to talk and you were busy loading your boat. Anybody fish the dresden area, just wondering if I saw anybody else. Whos ready for the Canandaigua derby?

aVAs8P0.jpg

PqRwNEJ.jpg

No board fish for us, but had a blast.

My buddy got carried away setting out the lines to the planner boards. His rod tripped and he fought the biggest fish of his life for about a minute. Dollar signs were glowing in place of his eye balls and he had an unmatched adreniline rush. The look on his face when he realized the kid in the other boat just reeled in his stickbait, PRICELESS!

It was a struggle for us all weekend long :headbang: . We could never get a program going which made for long days. We boat 4 lakers and 2 LL salmon. Even our stuff that always produces fish never produced anything. We fished south of Severn, Dresden, and Sampson. Cdgn troller, we were in Dresden at some time during each of the 3 days but I don't recall seeing your boat. We got a hot tip from Jason on location, depth, color, etc that produced some fish. Biggest fish for us was just over 8 pounds. Fishing was poor but we had lots of good :pizza: , :beer: , and :lol: . Looking forward to the next derby.

we had a great time again this year. Fished sat and sun till 9:30 at night. We put around 56 fish in the boat all lakers but one salmon which placed 3rd weighing 5.95. Lakers came mostly on dodgers and flies. Salmon came a little after nine on sat night, it hit a dream weaver ss in black purple and white, rigger was only down about 20 back 20 fish flew out of the water at the same time the rod popped. Took my two little girls out sunday but we couldn't land anything over about 6 pounds for them. Great tournament, but can't wait to start chasing salmon on the big O. -William Jennings

we had a great weekend with 38 fish boated and a few more lost. we fished the south end by painted rock all weekend. we took one of my buddies who had never been in the derby before and he landed the 11lb brown on a NK mtndew crush back #28

PqUDxD0.jpg

We put two more browns in the boat over 7lbs including the fourth place brown!I think he is hooked on trolling now!! The rest of the fish were small LL. We had a good fish on at Hector Falls but lost it. We wanted to go to cand. but his wedding is on that saturday. we would like to go to cayuga for the LOU-all where do we sign up?It was nice talkin to Finalflight at the launch, nice to meet someone off the site. congrats to all the winners and hope everyone had fun. see you next year. :clap::yes::beer:

PqUGqIr.jpg

My buddy and i jigged south of sampson all three days. we landed around 40 fish. The biggest one took 5th place in teen for my friend. he won the teen division last year. we were fishing out of an older green starcraft. I have a cottage in dresden and usually fish over there but really couldn't find too many fish there. My dad and sister and two other friends fished the dresden area some out of a yellow key west boat. maybe somebody saw them. i will be fishing out of both boats the rest of the summer mainly in the dresden area.

I haven't been able to make the derby in a few years, but if anyone of you made the boards in the last 30 years- my grandfather has been the MC and gives away the money, he's quite a guy, hope he handed some of you some money and jokes!

We too had a great weekend for the most part. We caught roughly 25 fish from Friday to monday with tons of food drinks and laughs EXCEPT for Monday afternoon when my wife and I decided to go home a day early. We had everything packed up from Sampson and we got to the stop sign at the end of the park before the main drag when my truck that was pulling the boat lurched forward. I looked out the rearview mirror and saw my wifes truck which was pulling the camper quite close to my boat! Thinking to myself, :swear: "oh I KNOW she didn't just hit the boat." After checking to see if the kids and my wife were ok I see her truck buried into my lower unit!!!!!!!!!! :@ the skag and part of the prop bent but that was the only visible problems. Hopefully there are no internal problems. I have to take it into a marina to get an estimate for the insurance company. :headbang: The impact pushed the boat up the trailer approx. 8-10 inches so hopefully that saved the boat. Unfortunately for her truck, we made it to Geneva before calling AAA for a flatbed and we all rode VERY quietly back to our house following her truck on a flatbed and pulling our trailer. Other than that it was a GREAT weekend. It was a pleasure to talk to the infamous Pegasus and Zebedee. Thanks for the info. One of my friends wife came in 2nd in the female category with a 10.14.