Picton Bay / Quinte

TrophySeeker

Spent a few days at Picton Bay, Ontario Canada last week. Arrived Tuesday and within about 20 minutes of fishing picked up this 30" 9.5 lber (my biggest ever).

aVuFsx9.jpg

Of course the fishing didn't continue at this pace, but we picked at them for the next couple days. This was my first trip to the Quinte area and it looks like we'll be heading back next year.

• 5 weeks later...

Salmonite,

Picked this one up jigging the shoreline drop-off that you see behind me. Orange / chartreuse jig with stinger and crawler. This was the only fish we caught in this area! Guess I was just at the right place at the right time. Almost all of the fish caught were caught drifting jigs or harnesses with crawlers (natural or Gulp) because the point that we fished faced west, and there was plenty of west wind.

I've since gotten some more information on this area, and think I may be able to put a trolling program together for the trip next year.

If you go in the fall sponge you can get many more just like and bigger than that one. I'll be out of this sandbox and back home to Watertown Area in oct, Just in time time to make the 1 1/2 hour drive north to picton and commence crushing walleyes. I'll be up there 19 NOV thru 24 Nov for sure, as this is PRIME for fish like that and they bring their friends. With any luck the landshark will come too. Already got reservations at Merlands. Nice fish.

Aaron