Yankee's Memorial Weekend from Wilson

It started Friday night by arriving to the Wilson Boat House around 4pm. I found a buddy at the dock so I said come on lets get out there! We got out about 6 and fished till about 8 with somewhere around 9-10 bites. We were surprised at how high the fish were coming in comparison to the previous 2 weeks. Our 75 rigger with a Dreamweaver SS Gator took the first shot with a teenage King. It would take another shot not soon there after. Our other hot rigger was our 65 rigger pulling a pair of Yeck Mixed Veggies. The only deep rig to go would be our 325 wire pulling that HOT White/Green Dot SmartFish (exclusive to A-TOM-MIK) with an Ultra Green Glow A-TOM-MIK fly behind it. Lastly, with about 30 minutes to go I let out the 10 color with that DEADLY Stinger Penguin and it did its job twice. It was an action packed couple of hours just a click or two East of port anywhere from 100-200.

img258.jpg

Saturday we took our time getting out. It was just my brother, my girlfriend, and myself. We all agreed that breakfast was the right thing to do that morning. We finally got on the water about 9:30, and as luck would have it we found out that was about when the bite shut down. Not wanting the skunk to hit the boat I decided to toss out that Coho Killer from Dreamweaver on a 2 color off our Otter Boat. It wasn't out there for long when the Orange Slurpee did what it does best and hooked a Coho. A little bit after that we called it quits as the NE wind got the lake rollin' pretty good. So, 4 hours of fishing left us with 1 small fish and concern about the charter the next day.

Sunday's charter showed up VERY early, which was fine by me given the fantastic morning bite the day before. Our charter today was a graduation gift from father to daughter. So, she brought some friends along to join in on the fun. We headed out just at day break and found a decent screen, but they were exactly jumping in the boat. This trip was a tad bit different than others with 3 women and one guy aboard, but I must say they handled the rods better than some of the guys I have on board! We ended up losing our first 3 or 4 fish on the wire divers, and once we dialed in all the gear we had a steady pick till it was time to pull the rods. Divers were firing out at 300-375 with the deadly combos pictured above. Those two combos have taken 75% of our fish the last 3 weekends! SmartFish are now offered in that deadly Wonderbread pattern, and I promise you they are deadly! We would end the day with 9 fish in the box with 3 great Kings all in the mid to upper teens. The rest were that 10-13lb range with a few cohos mixed in. Again the Dreamweaver SS Orange Slurpee took the Coho. Our riggers would take only a few shots with Dreamweaver's SS Dave's Salmon Slapper, and NK's Sea Sick Waddler taking them.

100_0827.jpg

Monday was another relaxing day of fishing with friends. We headed out around 7:15 and got word that it was SLOW. We set lines in front of the harbor and it didn't take us long to loose our first wire fish out 325 pulling a White/Green dot SmartFish trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow fly. Not long after we re-set that rod it fired again! After that we went blank! So we went into search mode. We headed West and Deep and finally found some fish in 300'. A few Coho's and Stealhead in the top 40' that took Dreamweaver SS Orange Slurpee's and Glow Froggy's of 2 colors and 10 colors. We would take another shot on our 600 copper pulling a White/Green dot SmartFish trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Live Ultra Green Glow. Finishing off our day was a slider on our 75 rigger with a teenage King that ate a Dreamweaver SS Dave's Salmon Slapper.

100_0830.jpg

Thanks for the report and those are some great pics. You provided those girls with a life time of great memories on that trip. Those girls will remember that trip the rest of their lives. NICE JOB