Genessee 5-27

FREEMAN77

went out this morning of black creek in chilli got to the 390 over pass around 8:00 and got a nice small mouth right off on a black buck tail then tried trolling for a little while and got a nice walleye a little south of 390 and got a cat fish that weighed about 10lbs it put up a good fight then trolled a little longer and got a pike a few more bass and another smaller cat was back the the house by about 1 all the fish came on black and silver rapalas :yes:

I, personally, would have no reservations about eating a good looking eye or two out of the river. Even below the falls. I wouldn't make it a regular part of my diet but I don't think a meal or two is going to put my health at risk. Might not taste as good as a little 15" Honeoye eye but it's still any eye and its going to taste better than any bass or pike IMO

yeah I feel the same was as bosco. I was also told do not eat the meat around the belly witch I dont think you should with any fish. but if you get one that has alot of back meat bring it home and give it a try. my buddy had the one we got yesterday and he said it tasted great. you really never know what your going to get in there. :yes:

Hey Guys,

I've noticed over the years that the walleye above the falls taste great, but below the falls there are two distinct populations and one of them tastes like rancid porpuse pus. I think it has to do with diet selection...maybe alewifes? Anyway, I managed to pull a couple of fish from the Genny this year, never enough to fillet so they're still in there, but I'm guessing that the river got muddy and spiked with yesterday's torrential downpours.

Gator