Digital Cameras - Camera Gurus Please read

So, for my b-day i want to buy a new Digital camera. I would like an optical zoom out to 10x and 8 mega pixels or more. I don't want to spend over $400. Kodak looked to have a nice one (Z1015) for under $300, but are they any good?

Rick they are good for the local economy :yes: .

I have a Cannon and like it but I got a deal on mine because I know the owner at Rowe but would have bought a Kodak.

As far as the optical zoom, is that so you can make that 1-1/2 lb bass look like a 5 lber :rofl:

I looked into a new one when I found out Ray had stolen mine last year at the Pro Am (he then snuck into my house and hid it in the back of my cupboard :swear::devil: ) and if you ask me they are all good if you know how to use them and you can go crazy trying to figure out which is better for this or that. The technology changes year to year so I wouldn't go crazy trying to figure out which is better between brands. As long as your just going to be using it as a novice photographer you can't go wrong with the Kodak for that price :clap::clap::yes:

I looked into a new one when I found out Ray had stolen mine last year at the Pro Am (he then snuck into my house and hid it in the back of my cupboard :swear::devil: )

Next to the missing cold cuts. :D :D :D

Rick -

Got this camera last year and couldn't be happier with it.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-elec ... 0000005702

Takes amazing photos, image stabalizer and HD videos. Very easy to use and was rated highest by consumer reports at the time of my purchasing. I think I found it for $300 somewhere - browse around if your interested. Be sure to read the reviews of it on the link above there.

Hope this helps.

Chad

I have this camera, Kodak-EasyShare-M1033 and it's sweet, great pics, nice big screen, shoots video, internal battery charges off of cord with usb end which fits into 110 Volt adaptor, and USB port on pc. I think you might be able to charge it from USB port off of pc too, not sure though. It doesn't have the big zoom you are looking for though. Good price, go local, and get 2GB or 6GB SD card for an extra $20-$40.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/3 ... Megapixel/

The Canon PowerShot SX110IS is the one I use. I bought it new for less than $250 Cdn. 9 mega pixels, 10X optical zoom and you can take some nice video clips with it. In fact one of my videos was on this site, so have a look at it and you can see the quality for yourself. This is a real nice camera, the still pics are great too. Check it out, and good luck and good fishin to ya.

Rick,

I use one of the Kodak models you are looking at in the 10 mp and the 7 mp version. I like them both a lot. I'll send you a couple photos that I took with the 10 mp. Tough to beat the Nikons that Chromeslayer uses too.

You can get a nikon coolpix P80 for around 300 bucks 18x optical zoom,

also has the sport mode, which is cool, one click and you have about 16 pics,

frame by frame, after you upload scroll through the pics, looks just like a movie,

also the videos with this camera are crystal clear, with good sound also,

the battery last a long time, never had it dieon me.. just another option

I would have to say one of my best camera's I have owned, got it at rowes

great deal good luck