canandaigua lakers

I am looking for some tips or hot set ups that work for the browns and lakers on this lake. I will be visiting the area for a week and bringng my boat. Its equipped with riggers and planer boards for lake trolling. Have tried before with poor results.

Thanks

Andy

What time of year with poor results? Canandaigua is a big lake and you need to find the fish. I have yet to get out this year :( , however, I was told by an old timer who pulls copper the fish were stacked up in the middle of the lake. What this means to me is between Black Point and Seneca Point on the west side and between Bare Hill and Vine Valley on the east side. (The fish location will change by the time you go out though.) Lakes near bottom and suspended and bows and browns likely suspended over the lakers. I like to run Spin Drs and flies off riggers and dipsies, and Echip flashers as well. Green and white paddles are usually good attractors to start with. I run spoons once in awhile NK spooks, black raspberry (cloudy, dark days), anything orange, monkey puke, and baby shower (pink and blue) on sunny days. With boards, if you are using inlines, rig them to release so they can slide down to a bead and barrel swivel or a flouro leader with a bead & a snap swivel, you will lose fewer fish and have better hook ups.

I like Rapala GFR, Crystal Minnows, and Black and silver, Smithwick Rogues Orange and Black and Black and silver, and a no name walleye stickbait green glow with red dots. I also like to use diving stickbaits in white and red and orange sometimes with a snap weight for added depth. Good luck, lake trout derby is June 6 and 7, if you want to enter you need a derby ticket, boat launches will be busy if that is when you are coming, arrive early to beat the crowd.

We'll find out in a few weeks. Gotta get him big enough for the life vest we have for him (Type 1). Give me a shout some time. Out of town 13 - 14 June, then 3 - 12 July. Other than that, should be close to home or on the lake!

Hey Mongo, yes we will be in the derby,

I finally brought all the gear to the boat Sunday 5/31 & rigged up the SubTroll , new coated cable on rigger, Black's release etc. Then me a the little Mrs took a shake down cruise Monday for a couple hours. Speed and temp operated fine, ran 3 riggers and wire , then switched to 2 riggers, wire and pulled Rapala GFR on a planer board. I hate to say it but I didn't mark a fish. To make matters worse, back rest for rear seats was gone. :( It also made a nice knee pad, leg brace for rigging. I saw a boat like mine on craigslist in naples, pics show beat up seats, I am going to go look at it and if the seats are beat up and it has a nice clean back rest I am going to call the guy on it.